Technical Azure Stack Lead
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit driving a positive impact on climate change across the fashion and textile industry. It guides a growing community of brands, manufacturers, and farmers towards more purposeful production from the very start of the supply chain.
By 2030, its goal is to guide the industry to achieve a 45% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions within fiber and raw material production. Its focus is holistic and interconnected, accelerating the adoption of practices that improve the state of our water, soil health, and biodiversity too.
For real change to happen, everyone needs a clear path to positive impact.
That’s why Textile Exchange believes that approachable, step-by-step instruction paired with collective action can change the system to make preferred materials and fibers an accessible default, mobilizing leaders through attainable strategies, proven solutions, and a driven community.
At Textile Exchange, materials matter. To learn more, visit TextileExchange.org.
Working at Textile Exchange
We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. We are a diverse group committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, processors, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each Textile Exchange employee is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
As a Technical Azure Lead, your primary responsibility will be to leverage Microsoft Azure Stack to architect and manage our cloud infrastructure efficiently and securely. This includes overseeing the development, deployment, and maintenance of Azure-based solutions to further our digital strategy. Your expertise in Azure technologies and your experience in agile management will be instrumental in leading innovative technical initiatives that support our organization’s efforts to create positive impact in the textile and apparel sector.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing Azure-based solutions to enhance our digital capabilities, scalability, and data security. Your duties will encompass managing Azure resources, optimizing cloud infrastructure, ensuring compliance with industry standards and data privacy regulations. Additionally, you will collaborate closely with diverse global cross-functional teams to align technology solutions with our business objectives, providing technical leadership and guidance to ensure seamless integration of Azure services.
Like all roles at Textile Exchange, the role will be home-based with some travel required. Textile Exchange is a US-based, remote-working organization with a global team. This position is open to domestic and international candidates. Candidates must be available to work across Asian, European and US time zones.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Azure Infrastructure Management: Oversee the design, deployment, and maintenance of of Azure-based applications and solutions; ensuring scalability, reliability, and security.
- Solution Architecture: Design and implement Azure-based solutions that align with the organization’s goals, including applications, databases, data pipelines, and integration.
- Integration Management: Develop and maintain Azure integration with organizational systems and applications such as WordPress, Talent Learning Management System, and Salesforce Customer Relationship Management.
- Security and Compliance: Establish and enforce Azure security best practices, data protection, and compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Performance Monitoring: Implement monitoring and resolution process to proactively identify and address performance and security issues.
- Cost Optimization: Monitor and optimize Azure resource usage to control costs while maximizing performance and efficiency.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Develop and maintain Azure-based disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure data integrity and system availability.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their technology needs and align Azure solutions with organizational objectives.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with Azure service providers, negotiate contracts, and stay informed about Azure platform updates and offerings.
- Documentation and Training: Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of Azure configurations and provide training to team members on best practices.
- Research and Innovation: Stay updated on Azure advancements and emerging technologies to propose innovative solutions that enhance the organization’s digital capabilities.
- Documentation and Training: Maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of Azure configurations and provide training to team members on Azure best practices and usage.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in cloud technologies and Azure Stack.
- Must have 2+ years’ experience as s a Technical Lead or equivalent with hands-on experience with Azure Stack in an enterprise environment.
- Deep expertise in Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack, and cloud computing technologies.
- Proficiency in deploying and managing infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, including virtual networks, subnets, and security groups.
- Experience with Azure DevOps for continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as PowerShell for automation tasks.
- Knowledge of programming languages like C# or Python.
- Microsoft certifications, such as Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, is preferable.
Infrastructure & Security
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing scalable and highly available cloud solutions.
- Strong background in infrastructure architecture and design.
- Experience developing and managing API applications using REST/JSON, SOAP Web Services
- Familiarity with Azure security services, monitoring tools, and features; understanding of cloud security best practices and the ability to implement security controls in Azure.
Communication & Leadership
- Thought leader who will champion innovative solutions.
- Agile / Scrum / Lean development practices
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues and complex solutions to non-technical audiences.
- Leadership qualities and experience in guiding a team through complex technical projects.
- Ability to work independently and have strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a cross functional and culturally diverse team in multiple time zones.
- Strong organizational, analytical ability, judgment, and problem analysis techniques with attention to detail.
- Reports to: Data & Technology, Technology Director
- Full Time Position, 40 hours a week
- Location: Virtual / remote
- Salary Range: USD $105,000-$125,000 Annually
- Textile Exchange is currently unable to provide sponsorship for work permits. Candidates need to have existing right to work in nominated working location.
- To be filled as soon as possible (start date to be agreed between both parties).
- Our offers for salary and benefits are dependent on the region of the final candidate. We post most positions based on a US-based Team member but final offers are done in alignment with the final candidate’s permanent residence and in line with Textile Exchange’s regional employment package.
- For Global Benefit packages (if applicable) please see FAQ: https://remote.com/preemployment-faq
How to Apply
Please submit the following here:
- Cover Letter
If you have any pressing questions after completing your application, and meet the qualifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.