Welcome to the Textile Exchange Job Zone! Here you can view job postings for industry leaders and partners.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Manager, Apparel and Textiles
ORGANIZATION: GoodWeave International (www.goodweave.org)
POSITION LOCATION: Washington, DC
GoodWeave works to end child labor in global supply chains and fulfills its mission by creating market demand for products certified as free of child and forced labor, monitoring supply chains, rescuing and educating child laborers, and providing services for weaving families.
The Senior Manager, Apparel and Textiles will be part of GoodWeave’s international secretariat and will lead the organization’s expansion into apparel and home textile supply chains to tackle modern slavery issues in these industries. This includes managing a program team currently based in India and evaluating the possibility of expansion to other locations in South Asia.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, well-organized, and adept at building relationships with a track record in developing international programs and raising funds for them. We are looking for 7+ years of progressive responsibility in a program management role, preferably in a socially responsible business environment. We are seeking candidates who have experience managing apparel programs with a strong understanding of how apparel supply chains work.
The complete job description can be found here: http://weinrebgroup.com/searches/srmgr-goodweave
Resumes are due by December 4th, 2017. The position will be based in Washington, DC and applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Role: Admin Assistant, Integrity
Contact: Ashley Gill, Sr. Manager of Standards | Ashley@TextileExchange.org
Posted: Nov. 16, 2017
Job description: This role will provide administrative support for the Integrity Platform, with a focus on detailed tasks such as data management, program support, reporting as well as call scheduling, and note-taking. The Integrity Administrative Assistant will work from home, with availability to commute into Austin, TX 1-2 times per week, more may be required for training. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, be outcome-oriented, and the ability to manage tasks independently. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
– Stakeholder Support
– Agenda and relevant document preparation
– Schedule and set up GoToMeetings and Conference Calls
– Take notes and disseminate info to appropriate parties
– Execute requested communications with stakeholders
– Additional support as defined by Integrity team
Liaison with General Textile Exchange Administration
– Keep Integrity team updated with any relevant admin information
Data and Information Management:
– Maintain contact lists for all standards, stakeholders
– Update and maintain SalesForce data, as needed
– Ensure all documents are safely archived and easily accessible.
– Log a record of updates and progress to documents.
– A limited degree of research and data collection.
Additional support, as defined by Integrity Team members
The candidate should demonstrate:
• A strong work ethic and self-motivation
• Strong attention to detail
• High level of organization, efficiency, and commitment to make things happen
• Commitment to professionalism, thoroughness and timeliness
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledge and experience in SalesForce (desired)
• The ability to work with different nationalities and cultures
• The ability to work independently and in teams
• Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
• Fluency spoken and written English
• Strong personal interest in sustainability
• A positive attitude and a good sense of humor
• Undergraduate degree, or
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as Administrative Assistant or other office position.
Additional job details:
• Home-based near Austin, Texas.
o Moving expenses will not be covered.
• Some travel may be required.
• The hours will generally fall into a standard workweek, but there may be some early or late
in the day calls to connect with different time zones.