Group Photo at the 2017 Textile Sustainability Conference | ERIKA NIZBORSKI PHOTOGRAPHY
Senior Advisory Team
- Anne GillespieDirector of Industry IntegrityChelsea, QuebecAnne GillespieDirector of Industry Integrity
Anne is the Director of Industry Integrity for TE. She has worked on standard development, training and education on certification and transparency and is collaborating with other organizations and experts to continually increase the organic integrity of the cotton industry. She has over 15 years of experience working with retail, including 10 years as a product manager at Mountain Equipment Co-op where she converted their cotton program to organic. In 2005, she co-founded Continuum Textiles, a sales agency representing socially and environmentally responsible textile products.
- Céleste LiloreDirector of Industry EngagementNew YorkCéleste LiloreDirector of Industry Engagement
I’m an insatiably curious lifelong learner and a whirling dervish hula hoop phenom. I’m passionate about community, partnership, provenance, ethics, and timeless style. Through stories, I delight in making the complex simple. There’s nothing I like better than connecting in person, good old-fashioned “teeth and eyes time.”
My first job (not including babysitting and waitressing) was as the receptionist at Chanel HQ in Paris. It ignited my love affair with both product and fashion while elevating my commitment to service.
Since then, I’ve been….
- Marketing and Community Director and Entrepreneur in Residence, Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator
- Regional Director, Green Festival –New York
- Co-Founder and EcoPreneur, RESTORE Clothing
- Co-Founder, NOCHAIRS, Inc.
- Founding Member, Save The Garment Center
- La Rhea PepperManaging DirectorLander, Wyoming, USALa Rhea PepperManaging Director
La Rhea has an extensive background in the organic cotton agricultural sector as well as management and marketing. She is a 5th generation cotton farmer in Texas and her farm has been certified organic since 1991. She completed her BS in Education at Abilene Christian University in 1979. La Rhea was one of the co-founders of Organic Exchange and served as Chair of the Board until 2005 and then joined the management team. She is currently working on her Master in Organizational Leadership with a focus on Non-Profits.
- Liesl TruscottEuropean & Materials Strategy DirectorBath, United KingdomLiesl TruscottEuropean & Materials Strategy Director
Liesl Truscott is the European and Materials Strategy Director with responsibility for developing and embedding Textile Exchange’s preferred materials program. Liesl has specialized in organic cotton and has a deep knowledge of the sector. With a first class degree in Environmental Management from the University of Newcastle in Australia, she has spent over twenty years in the fields of corporate social responsibility, occupational health and safety, and environmental management – working within both the private and public sector.
- Donna WorleyDirector of Marketing Communications and Public RelationsLubbock, Texas, USADonna WorleyDirector of Marketing Communications and Public Relations
Donna leads Textile Exchange’s Marketing Communications team to ensure all focus areas within the organization receive a high level of visibility through innovative strategies involving internal and external communication, branding, marketing and public relations. In addition to this, Donna is also responsible for the oversight of TE’s global events to create greater visibility for TE and to provide a space for industry engagement. Prior to joining TE, Donna worked in Development and Public Relations for a higher education institution from which she earned a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership.
- Ryan YoungDirector of Strategy and Program DevelopmentSan Francisco, CARyan YoungDirector of Strategy and Program Development
I have over 18 years of professional experience, the last 10 of which have been in corporate sustainability. Since 2008, I have been helping companies and organizations use sustainability as a lens through which to identify business value and reduce risks, and then manage implementation projects to achieve their sustainability goals. Prior to 2008, I worked primarily in strategy, economic, and general management consulting – these skills translate well to examining sustainability holistically.
I have experience in an array of industries, most recently in retail, apparel, footwear, and textiles. I led the development of the Higg Index 1.0 and 2.0 at the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, which is how I know TE. I left the SAC after the release of the Higg Index 2.0 to focus on Higg Index adoption as an independent consultant. I also have done non-Higg Index work with Volcom, the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute, the Natural Capital Coalition, and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). I started off my sustainability career at Blu Skye Sustainability Consulting, where I focused on greenhouse gas reduction projects for a major trade association of the U.S. dairy industry. Overall, my strengths lie in sustainability strategy, stakeholder engagement, project management, and communications/presentations.
I have a B.A. in Economics from Cornell University and an M.B.A. in both Strategy and Marketing from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.
I live in San Francisco with my wife, Helena, and our children Zoe (4.5) and Alastair (2). I am originally from New Jersey, just outside of New York City, however have been in San Francisco since 2001. I love spending time with my wife and kids – watching my children’s’ eyes light up as the see or learn something for the first time! We love to travel in general and love nature, snorkeling/scuba, skiing, live music, and going to wine country.
- Hanna DenesSustainability Specialist: Integrity & MaterialsBath, United Kingdom
- Lisa EmbersonMaterials Platform CoordinatorLondon, United Kingdom
- Ashley GillSenior Manager of Industry IntegrityAustin, Texas, USA
- Amish GosaiCountry Program Manager - IndiaBangalore, Karnataka, India
- Terry HydeExecutive AssistantLander, Wyoming, USA
- Nicole Lambert
- Payton LaRocqueProgram and Project ManagerLander, WY
- Rita LuppinoCommunications and Event ManagerTucson, AZ
- Brittany MooreCommunications CoordinatorCheyenne, Wyoming, USA
- Stefanie PokorskiIntegrity & Standards CoordinatorOttawa, Canada
- Evonne TanCreative & Analytics SpecialistPetaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Lee TylerStandards & Compliance ManagerArlington, Texas, USA
- Sharon WhitleyFinancial AdministratorLamesa, Texas, USA
- Amber YoungFinancial & Program CoordinatorLander, Wyoming, USA
- Carlotta CataldiSpecial ProjectsBarcelona, SpainCarlotta CataldiSpecial Projects
Carlotta has a degree in Public Relations and Fashion from the I.U.L.M. University in Milan and a Masters degree in Strategic Leadership towards Sustainability obtained at the Blekinge Institute of Technology of Karlskrona, Sweden. There, she wrote an award-winning thesis on the topic of Slow Fashion. Passionate about spreading awareness and knowledgeable about the best practices in the fashion industry, she works as an educator in her community and collaborates with individuals and companies to help them identify the most efficient and rewarding path towards sustainability.
- Caterina ContiBizconti Inc.New York, NYCaterina ContiBizconti Inc.
Ms. Conti is a private investor and business consultant. She is an accomplished senior executive and counsel with 30 years’ experience in a wide variety of industries. A former member of Board of the AAFA and IAF, Ms. Conti has spearheaded many award-winning initiatives in the areas of operational efficiencies, supply chain transparency, sustainability reporting and communications. During her tenure at Anvil Knitwear, Inc., the company developed TrackMyT.com, ShirtScan(tm) and was awarded Best First Time Report at Ceres-ACCA North American Awards and as a Top Leader of Change in the Sustainability Category by The Foundation for Social Change and UNOP. Anvil’s digital short, Message from Earth: Organic Matters, was shortlisted for the TED Ads Worth Spreading Initiative. Ms. Conti will be consulting for the TE on a part-time basis primarily focusing on consumer engagement.
- Atila ErtemTE Ambassador, TurkeyIzmir, TurkeyAtila ErtemTE Ambassador, Turkey
Atilla has been an Organic Pioneer in Turkey since 1986 and started growing organic cotton in 1989. Since then he has been somewhere in organic cotton & textile as consultant, buyer, and project expert in SEA. Atiala’s path crossed with TE in 2010 and he has been trying to help in the Turkish organic cotton & textile sector on behalf of TE as country ambassador.
- Silvio MoraesAmbassador Latin AmericaPort Alegre, BrazilSilvio MoraesAmbassador Latin America
Silvio studied agronomy at the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, acquiring a master's degree in soil science and microbiology. Still in college, he met the pioneer ecologist José Lutzenberger, with whom he began his professional career and has developed numerous projects in the field of sustainability. For over 25 years he develops consulting and audit activities for organic farming projects and environmental management systems for various companies in Latin America.
- Simone SeislSpecial ProjectsFreiburg, GermanySimone SeislSpecial Projects
Simone studied design and textile engineering in Austria and went for a career in the global fashion and sporting goods industry, held various positions in design, product management, marketing and buying departments, also at the headquarter of adidas. In 2008 she decided to only focus on sustainability topics within the industry, first working as a consultant at the Dutch NGO Made-by, then as head of marketing and sales at Remei AG in Switzerland. She has expertise in leading CR initiatives on brand level, in supply chain transformation and integrity, product innovation and best-practise marketing and communication. Based in Freiburg, Germany, she currently works as a consultant for individual as well as multi-stakeholder projects.
- Silvère TovignanAmbassador AfricaAbomey-Calavi, BeninSilvère TovignanAmbassador Africa
Silvère has been the Regional Director in Africa since 2006. Before joining Textile Exchange, he completed his PhD at Giessen University in Germany where he wrote a dissertation on “Gender perspectives in the adoption of organic cotton in Benin: a farm household modeling approach.” In Benin, he has been involved in many socioeconomic research programs tackling issues related to small scale farmers’ income and well-being. He joined OBEPAB (a Beninese NGO promoting organic farming) a member organization of the worldwide Pesticide Action Network (PAN) in 1998 where, for 4 years, he coordinated an information and training program on organic farming.
- Allen YouAmbassador ChinaBeijing, ChinaAllen YouAmbassador China
My name is Allen You. I come from the capital city of China, Beijing. I have more than 8 years of experience working in textile testing and the certification sector with local, international textile and agriculture organizations. He previously worked at Oeko-Tex, based in China, in TESTEX and Hohenstein, aiming at eco-textile idea promotion. During this period, I communicated with all kind of textile companies and buying offices in China and I know the China textile industry well. After that, I joined ECOCERT for organic cotton and the agriculture sector. Through visiting organic cotton farmers, I understand the organic cotton situation in China deeply, and am lucky to have been cooperating with TE from 2012. I am also working in the organic agriculture and textile industry in a local organization in China.