Who we are
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit that creates leaders in the sustainable fiber and materials industry. The organization develops, manages, and promotes a suite of leading industry standards and collects and publishes vital industry data and insights that enable brands and retailers to measure, manage, and track their use of preferred fiber and materials.
With a membership that represents leading brands, retailers, and suppliers, Textile Exchange has, for years, been positively impacting climate through accelerating the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry and is now making it an imperative goal through its 2030 Strategy: Climate+. Under the Climate+ strategic direction, Textile Exchange will be the driving force for urgent climate action with a goal of 45% reduced CO2 emissions from textile fiber and material production by 2030.
To learn more about Textile Exchange, visit: TextileExchange.org
The Assurance Specialist –will report to and support the South Asia Manager to implement the intervention activities of Textile Exchange within the region. Specifically, activities related to Textile Exchange standards assurance, impact data assurance, and outreach and policy activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assurance Team Support:
- Interpretation and guidance of standards & policy.
- Regional support for a certification bodies, accreditation bodies, suppliers, brands about all Textile Exchange standards and related work.
- Training and conformance assessment of certification and accreditation bodies.
- Conducting investigations, resolving complaints, and performing shadow assessments of certification bodies.
- Outreach & policy activates.
- Meeting scheduling, note-taking, email, document editing, and other communication support.
- Technical research on textiles and their materials.
- Report writing.
Experience and Qualifications
Passionate about sustainability.Core Competencies:
- Demonstrated interest in Textile Exchange’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of raw material production and textile production.
- Strong understanding of Organic & Recycling.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Self-motivated & well organized.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Eager to learn.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation with the ability to work remotely effectively.
- Strong team player.
- A Master’s or bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (sustainability, product, or quality auditing).
- 5+ years of auditing and/or supply chain compliance experience.
- Professional level of English language, both oral & written.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with non-native English speakers.
- Strong self-confidence and the ability to enforce policies.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven analytical skills; strong understanding of technology, process, problem-solver.
- Experience in research, writing papers/ proposals.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines & ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Team player, resourceful, eager to learn, and able to work independently in a virtual workplace.
- Able to work remotely/from home in India.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexible in communicating with multiple time zones outside of standard working hours.
- Able to travel internationally & domestically – up to 30%.
- Experience working with Standards / Assurance team or Fashion / Textile supply chain.
- Prior experience coordinating events and performing training is a plus.
- Must be able to work flexible working hours is a must due to differences in international time zones.
- Equipped with excellent computer skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft. Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Strong second languages (Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, etc.)
- Completed an IRCA approved Lead Auditor course on auditing background based on ISO 9001, ISO 19011, &
Full-Time Position, 40 Hours a Week
Location: Virtual/Remote, Based in India
Annual Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Start Date: As Soon As Possible (start date to be agreed between both parties)
How to Apply
Please submit to recruitmentOffice@textileexchange.org with the subject “Assurance Specialist.”
- Cover Letter
- Salary expectation.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.