Climate Action Manager
Are you our next Climate Action Manager?
We’re looking for a versatile individual with technical expertise to join our Sustainability team. Someone with experience in conducting carbon footprints and lifecycle assessments, to create, drive and implement key projects and strategies to support Gymshark’s journey to net zero. This includes our commitments to the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) and our reporting under the Task force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
At Gymshark we are committed to sustainability and are taking action to reduce our impact. This role will play a pivotal part in ensuring we deliver on our promise.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Conducting Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) on our products and provide recommendations that reduce environmental impact and develop and influence improvements.
- Conducting the annual Gymshark carbon footprint, encompassing Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions as well as water and waste from offices to ensure that we have a complete picture of emissions across the value chain.
- Developing accurate data collection methods in conjunction with relevant departments to ensure that carbon footprint results are highly accurate with all aspects captured.
- Identifying opportunities that eliminate carbon emissions entirely and developing these into a project plan for implementation with clear reduction targets over time in line with our approved targets under the SBTi.
- Developing product sustainability metrics that can be incorporated into our product design and development stages, utilising tools such as the Higg MSI, and ensuring that all data is communicated in a way that is accessible to all.
- Working with the Property team to ensure that we transition to carbon neutral energy solutions across our property portfolio, identifying energy saving opportunities, and supporting data collection regarding office energy, water consumption and waste creation.
- Ensuring data is prepared for communications both internally and externally in our transparency report.
- Recommending and implementing any relevant LCA systems if need is identified, as well as managing any relevant relationships (LCA, carbon footprint, offsetting) with external providers.
- There will be a requirement to work with external parties such as those related to LCA and carbon footprints as well as organisations such as the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC).
- Keeping informed of key regulatory, technical and industry requirements and trends in relation to climate action through ongoing professional development and representing the business at industry events.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Degree level/relevant industry experience in Environmental Sciences / Sustainability / Energy / Carbon with experience of conducting LCAs, ideally within the textile and apparel sector, and using this data to suggest, drive, and support implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Experienced and well-versed in the calculation methodologies of a carbon footprint with comprehensive understanding of methodologies and ideally experience in the implementation of SBTis.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in implementing carbon/energy reduction methods, and knowledge of carbon offsetting approaches and selecting suitable projects.
- Experience utilising and implementing the Higg suite of tools, primarily the Design and Development tool, Materials Sustainability Index and the Facilities Environment Module. will be a requirement to work cross-functionally, leading the projects and their implementation, as well as monitoring and reporting of results for use in Product, Finance, Property and Brand.
- Analysis of product lifecycle impacts, consistent reporting and results, utilising existing tools such as the Higg MSI and Design and Development modules to establish and recommend improvements and support in their implementation.
- Develop reports, presentations and updates on key trends and findings for the head office and regional teams.
- Well-informed on key regulatory, technical and industry requirements and trends in relation to climate change and identifying opportunities and potential implications across the regions where Gymshark operates.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in collecting and evaluating complex data with the ability to translate this into accessible and meaningful insight that can be clearly articulated to stakeholders.
- Able to work on own initiative, with excellent time management skills, and the ability to adapt, multitask and prioritise activities.
- Willing to travel and flexibility when required for attending events or supplier visits which may occur during evenings and weekends.
This is a hybrid role and would require the successful candidate to attend at least 4 days a week in GSHQ, Solihull, UK.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 19th February
BELONGING AT GYMSHARK.
Our mission is to be a place where everyone belongs. We’re an equal opportunities employer, and for us that means we always strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment, right from your application. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment please email email@example.com.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
🙌 Competitive ‘Win Together, Lose Together’ Bonus
🩺 Choice of Private Medical Insurance or Healthcare Cash Plan, paid for by us!
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
💻 A truly Flexible Working Culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🎁 Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great Training and Learning Resources
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
🍎 Refuel – Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
👉 Free monthly massages
💈 Beauty and Barber facilities
🚘 Free on-site parking