INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT DIRECTOR
Role: Industry Engagement Director
Organization: Apparel Impact Institute
Reports To: Vice President
Location: Remote (United States – based)
Apparel Impact Institute (Aii) is a nonprofit collective founded in 2017 by four industry leaders: the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH), Natural Resource Defense Council (NRDC) and Target Corporation. The organization emerged organically as a result of a real need that apparel brands and retailers self-identified. Gap Inc., PVH Corp., Arvind Mills, HSBC, GIZ, Stichting Doen and Schmidt Family Foundation joined the founders in the first three years of start-up and organizational development.
Aii identifies, funds, and scales proven quality solutions to accelerate positive impact in the apparel and footwear industry. Aii programs focus on areas that result in positive environmental impact from the production of apparel and footwear products to improve the industry. Our current strategic focus is climate action, in helping the industry reach their Science Based Targets commitment.
To learn more about Aii, visit https://apparelimpact.org.
The Industry Engagement Director will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and building Aii’s programmatic partnerships with global retail or apparel brands, manufacturers and service providers. They will develop and maintain projects, strategies and tools for industry partners working towards environmental impact goals. The director is responsible for maintaining visibility and alignment across Aii’s programs in order to maximize and grow program results related to environmental impact and revenue. They will work closely with a global leadership team, support staff hiring processes and report to the Vice President of Programs.
- Develop, implement and maintain global industry engagement strategies, plans and initiatives
- Drive strategic relationships, projects and annual plans with key retail or apparel program partners
- Create and deliver recruitment activities for new and existing program partners
- Manage and report industry partner revenue and impact contributions and projections to leadership
- Regularly monitor past, current and future Aii projects for consistency and relevance to program partners
- Facilitate and manage agreement & contract process along with corresponding payment and invoicing activities
- Inform Aii organizational strategy and contribute results in the form of objectives and key results
- Represent Aii in conferences, panels and presentations in support of industry engagement strategies
- Additional tasks as needed for project implementation and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to thrive in remote, global working environment
- Demonstrated self-motivation, responsibility and problem solving capabilities
- Strong communication, relationship building and listening skills
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
- 7-10 years industry experience preferred
- Fluent English – oral and written skills
- Ability to schedule calls to accommodate global time zones
- Moderate travel for meetings
Salary will be commensurate with level of experience. Aii offers a competitive employee benefits program that includes vacation, sick and holiday leave; health, dental and vision insurance; contributions to retirement plans; competitive salary; and a host of additional benefits.
To apply please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Industry Engagement Director in the subject line.
Apparel Impact Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.