Standards Assurance Specialist
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit driving a positive impact on climate change across the fashion and textile industry. It guides a growing community of brands, manufacturers, and farmers towards more purposeful production from the very start of the supply chain.
By 2030, its goal is to guide the industry to achieve a 45% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions within fiber and raw material production. Its focus is holistic and interconnected, accelerating the adoption of practices that improve the state of our water, soil health, and biodiversity too.
For real change to happen, everyone needs a clear path to a positive impact. That’s why Textile Exchange believes that approachable, step-by-step instruction paired with collective action can change the system to make preferred materials and fibers an accessible default, mobilizing leaders through attainable strategies, proven solutions, and a driven community.
At Textile Exchange, materials matter. To learn more, visit TextileExchange.org.
Working at Textile Exchange
We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. We are a diverse group committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, processors, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each Textile Exchange employee is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, a yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
Monitoring is an integral part of Textile Exchange’s standards assurance system. With the growth of the number of certified sites and certification bodies, we are looking for a Standard Assurance Specialist in the Greater China region to support the assurance team, particularly in certification body competence assessment, and increase visibility in this region. The role will act as on-the-ground support and representation of the standards assurance team, which will include physical travel to certified sites within East Asia, as well as engaging with stakeholders as needed.
- Review certification documentation to assess certification body competence.
- Conduct shadow audits of certification bodies.
- Conduct witness audits (audits without auditors present) for existing certification bodies.
- Conduct announced/unannounced surveillance audits on certified sites.
- Assisting and conducting technical assessments of certification bodies.
- Perform market monitoring activities, such as claims policy and trademark adherence, by both certified and non-certified entities and supporting the corrective action process.
- Assisting in Complaints investigations and resolutions for certification bodies, certified entities, accreditation bodies, and Textile Exchange itself.
- General assurance:
- Answering email inquiries, particularly for the East Asia region.
- Representing Textile Exchange with certification stakeholders.
- Manage social media platforms (WeChat, Weibo, (Chinese) LinkedIn)
- Maintain and update Textile Exchange Chinese Website
- Oversight of the translation of official documents into Chinese
- Engagement with stakeholders on the ground in East Asia as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Passionate about sustainability
- Strong understanding of Accreditation, Certification and Auditing processes (ISO17065, ISO17011)
- Fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin), both verbal & written.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Self-motivated & well organized.
- Team player
- Eager to learn.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines & ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment.
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the Assurance and/or Audit/Certification field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Textile Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Textile Chemistry, or related fields
- IRCA accredited ISO Lead Auditor (ISO9001, ISO14001)
- In-depth understanding of Textile Supply Chain and its stakeholders in China
- Working knowledge of Sustainability and Textile certification standards
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships and build rapport with stakeholders
- Professional level of English and Chinese (Mandarin) language speaking and writing skills.
- Proven analytical skills; strong understanding of technology, process, and problem-solver.
- Ability to work remotely with many global teams.
- Flexible in communicating with multiple time zones outside of standard working hours.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Travel is required up to 25%, including international travel
- Work experience with Textile Exchange standards
- Working experience at Accreditation body and/or Certification Body
- Professional level fluency in a second East Asia language (e.g. Cantonese, Japanese, Korean)
- Full-Time Position, 40 Hours a Week
- Location: Mainland China/Hong Kong/Taiwan
- Competitive salary, depending on experience and location.
- Start Date: As Soon As Possible (start date to be agreed upon between both parties)
How to Apply
Please apply here and submit:
- Motivation Letter