- Northampton, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Eurofins|BLC is a small but growing business specialising in testing and consulting and operates within the Eurofins Softlines and Leather division. Established for over 100 years specialising in leather and products such as footwear, bags and upholstery, we have the technical pedigree and experience to provide targeted, testing and consulting solutions up and down the supply chain.
Eurofins|BLC is part of the Eurofins Scientific group which provides Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generated 5.4 billion Euro proforma turnover in 800 laboratories across 50 countries, employing about 50,000 staff.
Drive engagement and maintain relationships with our 1500 corporate members from leather manufacturers, traders, brands, NGOs, and retailers. Promoting LWG’s core focus areas and LWG’s world-leading suite of tools and ESG certification.
- Support the development and delivery of the membership engagement strategy and lead the development of membership benefits packages and member surveys.
- Proactively manage the day to day communications and inquiries with all members and non-members.
- Use social media such as Linkedin to pulse check and communicate with potential and existing members and our key stakeholders.
- An integral part of the role is taking the minutes at member meetings and then being responsible for distributing to our working groups and steering committees. The actions from these meetings ultimately drive the future strategic direction of LWG.
- Attend and support the organising of member meetings, fairs, conferences, and international trade shows (virtual and face to face, international travel 3-4 times a year).
- Conduct market research, providing general information on hot and trending topics in relation to focus areas and present to the team.
- Plan a program of monthly LWG webinars and podcasts for members.
- Reporting on member engagement and member activity to the LWG team on a weekly basis and monthly to the Executive Committee.
- Day to day audit administration ensuring new and existing member audits are processed and completed correctly in a timely manner. Raise invoices and conduct purchase requisition sign-off as and when required.
- Updating new member information on the LWG website, approving members who have requested access, uploading logos, and other updates as required.
- Ensure members are using the correct LWG logo and report inappropriate use.
- Maintain accurate data on our CRM database including membership information, subscription details plus data for mailings, correspondence, and voting rights.
- Provide general administrative support and holiday cover for other LWG team members where necessary.
- Present LWG’s suite of world-leading tools and ESG Certification, including top-line messages around our work on deforestation, traceability, LCA, and animal welfare when on-boarding members, virtually and at events.
- Managing the Executive Committee election process for member representatives of our governing body, as well as ad hoc elections for the relevant sub-groups
- Ideally, you will have a science-based degree in sustainability, environmental sciences or similar experience and be passionate about these areas.
- Experience working in a membership organisation ideally with a brand, not-for-profit or similar initiative to the Leather Working Group
- A driven, enthusiastic and confident individual with strong communication skills both written and face to face demonstrating the ability to present information in various formats
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to manage your own workload is essential as well as working with a team as this role is remote working
- You need to demonstrate strong organizational and analytical skills, rigorous attention to detail, the ability to work to deadlines and competing demands, and a positive attitude to challenges.
Do you have an interest in sustainability? Do you want to be part of a global not-for-profit that drives change in the leather sector? Leather Working Group is small organization with a big agenda. LWG has a global footprint and an employee eco-system that thrives on input.
Working for us:
You will be employed by Eurofins|BLC and working for the Leather Working Group and we need someone who can:
- Become an integral part of our employee ecosystem, contributing thoughts, and ideas towards running a world-leading not-for-profit organization, collectively driving positive change in the leather industry on a global scale.
- Be passionate about LWG’s focus areas; deforestation, traceability, animal welfare, environmental impact, chemical management, environmental auditing, and social responsibility.
- ·Have the professionalism to work with major global players, including directors and CEOs, within LWG’s membership, comprising of leather manufacturers, traders, brands, NGOs, and retailers.
- Have the ability to understand complex landscapes such as the different elements and actors within the leather value chain.
- Flex to meet changing priorities within tight deadlines and support the team where required.
- Understand the nature of a collaborative culture and the value it brings to drive the development of impactful initiatives for the leather industry
About Leather Working Group:
The global multistakeholder, Leather Working Group (LWG) , is a member-led not-for-profit organization that is dedicated to driving excellence in the leather industry, minimizing the impact of leather production, and challenging industry perceptions, through a suite of tools and ESG certification. We have over 1,500 member companies and represent over 25% of the world’s leather production. Discover more at www.leatherworkinggroup.com
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Life Insurance, Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Group Pension Scheme (match contribution of up to 5 %), Perkbox, and free on-site parking.