Who we are: Textile Exchange is a global non-profit working to help the fashion and textile industry transform fiber and material production by working with a robust membership of brands, retailers and suppliers to accelerate the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
What we do: In short, we build a community that can collectively accomplish what no individual or company can do alone. We develop, manage, and promote a suite of leading industry standards, as well as collect and publish critical industry data and insights that enable brands and retailers to measure, manage, and track their use of preferred fiber and materials.
How we do it: With a robust membership representing leading brands, retailers, and suppliers, Textile Exchange is positively impacting the climate through accelerating the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
Climate+: With our new Climate+ strategy, Textile Exchange is the driving force for urgent climate action on textile fiber and materials with a goal of 45% reduced CO2 emissions from textile fiber and material production by 2030. By benchmarking the industry and providing actionable tools for improvement, Textile Exchange is driving a race to the top.
Working at Textile Exchange: We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. Diverse group of advocates and activists committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each TEam member is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
Textile Exchange is expanding its Corporate Fiber & Materials Benchmark (CFMB) program and looking for an analyst and reporting manager to join the team. Together with the rest of the CFMB team you will be supporting and enabling the textile industry to drive meaningful change in sustainability. You will also be joining as we take this exciting initiative to its next level of maturity and impact.
About the CFMB Program and Material Change Index
Textile Exchange’s Corporate Fiber & Materials Benchmark (CFMB) program enables participating companies to measure, manage and integrate a preferred fiber and materials strategy into their business.
The Material Change Index (MCI) is the largest peer-to-peer comparison initiative in the textile industry. It tracks the apparel, footwear and home textile sector’s progress toward more sustainable materials sourcing, as well as alignment with global efforts like the Sustainable Development Goals and the transition to a circular economy. More than 190 companies (including subsidiaries) voluntarily participated in this year’s program, including iconic fashion – you can find the complete list of 2020 participants here.
With our new Climate+ strategy, Textile Exchange is the driving force for urgent climate action on textile fiber and materials. By benchmarking the industry and providing actionable tools for improvement, Textile Exchange is pushing a race to the top. Please visit our website for more details.
Reports to: Corporate Benchmarking, Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be part of a team developing and successfully delivering the Corporate Fiber & Materials Benchmark (CFMB) program.
- Leading, and working as part of a team reviewing and analyzing survey submissions.
- Broader Textile Exchange cross-departmental collaboration and teamwork.
- Outreach, engagement and support to participating companies, delivering workshops and trainings, presenting and generally supporting companies and other stakeholders.
- Supporting the analysis of data, report writing and presentation of results.
- Helping develop and update program tools such as practitioner manuals, verification processes and survey content and associated documentations.
- Research, writing and general contributions to methodologies development, guidance material, and other important program resources.
Experience and Qualifications
At least 5 years industry, sustainability, benchmarking and/or strategy experience:
- Project management
- Industry knowledge, strong understanding of the apparel and textile marketplace (brands, retailers, and suppliers) including knowledge of company’s product offering and general material portfolio.
- Sustainability knowledge including fiber and material content expertise
- Knowledgeable about sustainable sourcing and production practices in the fashion and textile industry
- Systems thinking
- Leadership and teamwork
- Data management and analytics
- Good technical skills
- Strong writing and presenting skills
- Methodical and high attention to detail, enjoys detail oriented work
Full Time Position 40 Hours a Week
Location: Virtual/Remote (location open)
Annual Salary Range: $55,000-$75,000USD (Dependent upon experience)
Start Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Corporate Benchmarking, Reporting Manager”
- Cover Letter
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.