- This event has passed.
August 8, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am UTC+4
The Essentials of Global Recycled Standard: Part 1: What is Recycled?
Wednesday August 8th 10-11am EST/ 4-5pm CEST
Last year, Recycled Claim Standard 2.0 and Global Recycled Standard 4.0 were released. As of July 2018, all sites should be compliant with the new standards. The most significant changes in the standard are: 1) how materials are verified as recycled and 2) our adoption of ZDHC’s Manufacturer’s Restricted Substance List.
This two-part series will take a deeper look at these two areas to explain how they work, and how they are driving change across the textile industry and beyond.
The webinars will be led by Textile Exchange’s Ashley Gill and joined by Jeff Wilson from NSF International.
Part 1: What is Recycled? Will discuss:
- Intro to the Recycled Claim Standard and Global Recycled Standard
- The Role of Certification Bodies
- How are materials verified?
- Meeting the definition
- Categories of pre- and post-consumer
- How to assess new materials.
- Communicating material claims