- This event has passed.
GreenBiz Sustainable Innovation in the Textile Industry
October 13 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
As global apparel consumption continues to rise—an expected increase of 60% by 2030—that growth could have a dangerous impact on the environment. Currently, 87% of textiles are landfilled or incinerated and 10% of GHG emissions come from fashion industry. As Earth’s resources become more and more constrained, the global fashion industry is looking toward innovative materials and strategies to reduce its environmental impact and carbon footprint. But bringing consumers and others in the apparel industry value chain along on the sustainability journey can be a challenge.
Join Eastman, H&M and Textile Exchange for a webcast to learn about:
- Eastman’s recent launch of Naia™ Renew that addresses the need to have more sustainable fibers.
- Understanding H&M’s sustainability goals and why is it important for them to have sustainable options.
- How Textile Exchange is supporting these types of initiatives through accelerating the use of preferred materials across the global textile industry.
- John Davies, Vice President, GreenBiz
- Ruth Farrell, Global Marketing Director, Textiles, Eastman
- Mattias Bodin, Circular Innovation Lab Lead, H&M Group
- Ashley Gill, Director of Standards, Textile Exchange
If you can’t tune in live, please register and we will email you a link to access the archived webcast footage and resources, available to you on-demand after the webcast.