- This event has passed.
MEMBER-ONLY WEBINAR: Manmade cellulosic fibers (MMC) e-Learning Series 1
April 19, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 8:30 am UTC-8
Series 1 Feedstock of MMC: Part I will be held on Thursday April 19th at 7 am PsT/ 3 pm BST/ 4 pm CEST
In this first part of the series, we aim to answer the following questions with the help of expert speakers from Canopy, Lenzing, Circle Economy, and others:
Which virgin and recycled feedstocks are being used for Viscose, Modal, Lyocell, Acetate and Cupro, both on a commercial level and by newcomers to the sector? What issues arise at the feedstock level – for the environment and for the people involved?
We will cover both current and future feedstocks such as wood, bamboo, recycled textiles and alternative feedstocks e.g. agricultural waste (leaves, stems) or food waste.
Manmade cellulosic fibers (MMC), including Viscose/Rayon, Lyocell and Modal, are the second most important group of cellulosic fibers after cotton, and rapid growth is expected over the next 15 years with the potential to reach 10 million tons annually.
Objective: Our aim is to de-mystify the topic for all those curious to learn the truth about MMC, to explain the associated risks and opportunities, and to showcase what is in the pipeline and is already being done by leaders, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders.
Why join the MMC e-learning series?
- Better understand environmental and social issues and risks related to MMC production from feedstock to end of use
- Hear and learn from industry leaders, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders that are driving the current global MMC agenda;
- Gain access to reliable information and facts on pMMC that can support you in adopting them in your supply chains, product offerings, and strategies;
- Help strengthen best practice in both commercial and innovative applications of pMMC;
- Discuss, engage, and be a part of collaboratively raising awareness and driving change to protect natural resources, the environment, and lives.
What will we do? The series will offer an introduction to key issues and solutions, followed by a Q&A with selected experts. Each session will build on the previous one to create a comprehensive overview of the world of MMC. Through focused discussions, we will address the most pressing issues and solutions, enabling our audience to become engaged. Our e-learning series is not intended to be a PR platform. We promote an open and honest exchange between all stakeholders, from beginners to industry leaders.
UPCOMING MMC WEBINARS:
Part II) Production of MMC staple and filament fiber: May 2018
Part III) Integrity and Transparency in the MMC value chain: July 2018
Part IV) What can brands and retailers do?: September 2018