- This event has passed.
MEMBER-ONLY WEBINAR: PRODUCTION OF MMC STAPLE AND FILAMENT FIBER E-LEARNING SERIES 2
June 4, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am UTC-4
SERIES 2 PRODUCTION OF MMC STAPLE AND FILAMENT FIBER: PART 2 WILL BE HELD ON MONDAY, JUNE 4TH AT 7 AM EST/ 12 PM BST/ 1 PM CEST
In the second part of the series, we aim to gain understanding on crucial aspects and impacts of fiber production (staple and filament) for Viscose, Lyocell, Modal, Acetate and Cupro. We plan to have one company-expert introducing each production process to aid understanding of the differences, the specific issues for each fiber, and what is done differently in the BAT (best available technologies). A chemist’s view will help us understand and answer our questions.
Objective: Our aim is to de-mystify the topic for all those curious to learn the truth about MMC, to explain the associated risks and opportunities, and to showcase what is in the pipeline and is already being done by leaders, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders.
Why join the MMC e-learning series?
- Better understand environmental and social issues and risks related to MMC production from feedstock to end of use
- Hear and learn from industry leaders, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders that are driving the current global MMC agenda;
- Gain access to reliable information and facts on pMMC that can support you in adopting them in your supply chains, product offerings, and strategies;
- Help strengthen best practice in both commercial and innovative applications of pMMC;
- Discuss, engage, and be a part of collaboratively raising awareness and driving change to protect natural resources, the environment, and lives.
What will we do? The series will offer an introduction to key issues and solutions, followed by a Q&A with selected experts. Each session will build on the previous one to create a comprehensive overview of the world of MMC. Through focused discussions, we will address the most pressing issues and solutions, enabling our audience to become engaged. Our e-learning series is not intended to be a PR platform. We promote an open and honest exchange between all stakeholders, from beginners to industry leaders.
UPCOMING MMC WEBINARS:
Part III) Integrity and Transparency in the MMC value chain: July 2018
Part IV) What can brands and retailers do?: September 2018