- This event has passed.
OECD Forum on Due Diligence in the Textile and Footwear Sector
February 13 - February 14
The 2019 OECD Forum on Due Diligence in the Garment and Footwear Sector takes place on 13-14 February at the OECD in Paris, France.
The Forum convenes over 400 representatives from government, business, workers and civil society to discuss key issues and risks related to due diligence in global garment and footwear supply chains in a neutral environment. The OECD Forum pushes the needle by focusing on challenging processes and issues related to due diligence and driving towards solutions. The Forum also plays a role in supporting alignment across governments and industry initiatives on expectations of business. This year the Forum will focus on measuring the impact of due diligence.
Thursday, Feb. 14th:
11:30 – 12:30 Communicating responsibly with end users on the sustainability of garment and footwear products – CC7
Exploratory Partners: UN Environment, Consumers International
The session will explore how companies can communicate their due diligence efforts on a product level throughout the supply chain and to their consumers in a way that enables consumers and other end users of the information to make meaningful and fully informed purchasing or investment decisions. It will also aim to identify and discuss the main challenges that need to be addressed in order for organisations to excel when communicating about their products’ sustainability performance in the garment and footwear sector.
Moderator Naomi Scott-Mearns, Sustainable Consumption Manager, Consumers International
- Bettina Heller, Consumer Information Programme, UN Environment
- Naresh Tyagi, Chief Sustainability Officer, Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail Limited
- Anne Gillespie, Senior Director of Industry Integrity, Textile Exchange
- Maylis Souque, Secretary General of the French National Contact Point for RBC, Treasury, Ministry of Economy and Finance, France
- Carole Hommey, Coordinator, Initiative for Compliance and Sustainability