- This event has passed.
The Sustainable Apparel Barometer
September 9 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Each year the Sustainable Apparel Barometer focuses on specific aspects of apparel production. This year, it looks in-depth into the challenges and opportunities in viscose production, how transparency in the cotton sector is evolving and what needs to be done to drive greater social compliance within apparel supply chains.
This 60-minute webinar will lay out the findings of the research and share the common themes and conclusions that can be applied across the apparel sector, including:
- Don’t “keep it simple”: Avoid broad brush approaches and communicate complexity in an open, honest and credible manner
- Collaborate, collaborate, collaborate: The urgent need for more, better collaboration, especially between the corporate sector and government agencies, and vertically within industry
- Business model transformation: How sustainability can and must be placed at the centre of decision-making
- Towards a stronger sustainability strategy: The key lessons across the three chapters that can be applied to develop stronger sustainability strategies
The seminar will illustrate these themes by drawing on specific examples and experiences of the speakers, who include:
- La Rhea Pepper, CEO, Textile Exchange
- Avedis Seferian, president and CEO, WRAP
- Craig Tribolet, sustainability operations manager, Asia Pacific Resources International Holdings Limited (APRIL)
- Speaker tbc, US Cotton Trust Protocol
The Sustainable Apparel Barometer was formed thanks to the support of Textile Exchange, WRAP, US Cotton Trust Protocol and APR. We’d like to thank each of our partners for their participation and continued support.
Once again, you can register online.
If you can’t join the webinar live, sign up anyway and we’ll send you a recording of the discussion along with a copy of the full report when it is released.