- This event has passed.
WEAR 2018 | The Thread That Ties Us Together
June 11, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 13, 2018 @ 5:00 pm UTC-7
June 11-13, 2018 | New York City
Co-hosted at FIT’s Jay and Patty Baker School of Business and Technology, WEAR 2018 will feature 3 days of tours and workshops, sessions and presentations from Google ATAP, Levi Strauss, NFC, Heisel, and Owlet around:
- The gaps on standardization, technology and economy between fabrics and tech and how the two industries can find a common language
- Sustainability: Tying Fabric and Tech Together
- Consumer Fashion
- Power, Energy and Sensors
Textile Exchange’s Director of Industry Engagement, Celeste Lilore, will moderate: Circular Solutions – Shifting to Align the Environment and the Economy
June 12th at 4:45pm (30 min)
- Eileen Fisher | Inka Apter-Designer for Fabric R&D
- Lenzing | Tricia Carey-Director of Business Development, Denim
- Patagonia | Claudia Richardson-Materials Innovation Manager
Problem: Global demand for textiles is expected to more than double by 2050, and natural resources are not unlimited or cheap. Unless we move away from the current, linear system of take, make, waste will run out of non-renewable oil. While the adverse effects of carbon emissions and micro-plastics that endanger our air, forests, oceans and aquatic life will continue to accelerate.
Solutions: Circular solutions align the environment and the economy. Our panelists come from organizations that have sustainability embedded in their DNA. They represent companies that are acting on “circularity.” We’ll chat about the steps, programs, and product that they have created, what they have learned, and what they think the future holds. They’ll share some steps to get you closer to the triple bottom line and inform you on how circularity is creating experiences for consumers.Learn More