- This event has passed.
Webinar: Responsible Down Standard- Revision
July 31, 2019 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Join us for a webinar to introduce the new Responsible Down Standard 3.0. The webinar will cover the process of the revision, details on what has changed, and what you need to know about transitioning to RDS 3.0.
Wednesday, July 31 2019 at 7am PST/ 9am CT/ 3pm GMT
The revision period was launched in 2017 and covered every element of the standard. Key changes to the Responsible Down Standard, include:
• Euthanasia of sick or injured birds in order to prevent suffering is now mandatory on the farm.
• Stunning before slaughter is now mandatory at the slaughter site.
• Stronger criteria related to handling, record keeping, and training of workers.
• Observation of parent farms in industrial goose supply chains are now required, where the highest risk of live-plucking occurs.
• All minor requirements are now mandatory (previously only 50% were required).
• Restructuring of the document to provide clearer guidance for farms, suppliers, brands, and certification bodies.
Visit ResponsibleDown.org to learn more about the goals and history of Responsible Down Standard.
Ashley Gill, Senior Manager of Industry Integrity at Textile Exchange