- This event has passed.
Webinar: Science-based Targets for the Apparel Sector
February 13 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm UTC-7Free
With the apparel and textile sector uniting around the SDGs at the 2017 Textile Sustainability Conference, science based targets could potentially play a critical role helping the industry transition to a low-carbon economy. Setting Science-Based Targets (SBTs) are a powerful way for business to increase competitiveness and prepare for a carbon-constrained future.
Tuesday, February 13th @ 12:00pm-1:00pm EST
Join the webinar and learn:
- What science-based targets (SBTs) are and why companies are committing to them
- Practical guidelines for setting Scope 1, 2 and 3 SBTs
- Key carbon reduction opportunities in the textile and apparel value chain
- Relevant case studies of companies who have successfully set science-based targets
- Insights on incorporating science-based targets in your sustainability strategy
- Tim Greiner, Managing Director, Pure Strategies
- Liam Salter, CEO RESET Carbon
- Michael Sadowski, Research Consultant, WRI
About the Speakers
Tim Greiner | A Pure Strategies Co-founder and Managing Director, Tim has pioneered approaches to building environmental and social integrity into products, brands, and businesses. His experience spans the spectrum from developing corporate strategy, designing product sustainability programs, creating approaches to transform and engage supply chains and fostering collaborative mechanisms to lift the sustainability performance of entire industries. Tim is also a co-founder of the Chemical Footprint Project and has guided chemicals management strategies for companies across diverse industries. Tim is currently working with several progressive businesses on developing science-based targets including Ben & Jerry’s, Seventh Generation, Biogen, and Walmart.
Liam Salter | Founder and CEO of RESET, Liam is responsible for forging innovative new approaches to tackling climate change and sustainability in Asia, structuring technology, finance, marketing and communication solutions for RESET corporate clients. Previously, Liam was Director of WWF International’s Climate Change Programme in Asia-Pacific. At WWF Liam co-led the design and operational development of the Gold Standard Foundation, now the world’s leading certification system for high quality carbon credits. He also initiated the Low Carbon Manufacturing Programme (LCMP), the first carbon rating system for export manufacturers, and developed WWF’s campaign work on power sector reform and renewable energy policy across South East Asia.
Pure Strategies and RESET Carbon | Pure Strategies and RESET Carbon are collaborating to offer Science-Based Target services to major apparel brands and retailers. The benefits of the collaboration include:
- Core teams and skillsets in US and Asia
- In-depth understanding of retail and apparel businesses
- Deep understanding of operational and supply chain environmental footprinting including Science Based Carbon Targets
- Experience working with suppliers and raw materials providers on environmental footprint reduction projects
- Experience working on the above topics for leading firms including Walmart, Ben & Jerry’s, Seventh Generation, Wrangler, Fast Retailing, Ann Inc., and VF Corp.
By registering to attend this event, you give permission to have your name and email address added to Textile Exchange’s mailing list (you can unsubscribe at any time) and for Textile Exchange to share your contact information with event sponsors, speakers, and the company that the speaker represents upon their request.