Who we are: Textile Exchange is a global non-profit working to help the fashion and textile industry transform fiber and material production by working with a robust membership of brands, retailers and suppliers to accelerate the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
What we do: In short, we build a community that can collectively accomplish what no individual or company can do alone. We develop, manage, and promote a suite of leading industry standards, as well as collect and publish critical industry data and insights that enable brands and retailers to measure, manage, and track their use of preferred fiber and materials.
How we do it: With a robust membership representing leading brands, retailers, and suppliers, Textile Exchange is positively impacting the climate through accelerating the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
Climate+: With our new Climate+ strategy, Textile Exchange is the driving force for urgent climate action on textile fiber and materials with a goal of 45% reduced CO2 emissions from textile fiber and material production by 2030. By benchmarking the industry and providing actionable tools for improvement, Textile Exchange is driving a race to the top.
Working at Textile Exchange: We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. Diverse group of advocates and activists committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each TEam member is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
Textile Exchange is looking for someone who is passionate about keeping our global team informed, engaged, and connected to each other and to the mission. The Internal Team consists of employees, ambassadors, and board members.
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of an intranet. Once launched, the Internal Communications Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining content, keeping it fresh and engaging.
- Draft internal communication and announcements regarding news and updates about team members, projects, or programs.
- Support external communications by writing, reviewing, and editing press releases, white papers, case studies, newsletters, blogs, web pages, and other business communications.
- Partner with internal teams, including Convening, Membership, Marketing, Human Resources, Systems, and others, to ensure that all messaging (internal and external) is consistent, timely, and appropriate.
- Develop an annual plan for releasing internal training and/or informative briefing documents and videos about programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Influence the Team to drive consistency and positive change across the organization.
- Identifying and collecting key metrics to measure internal communication effectiveness.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a communications role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English required, other languages a plus).
- Experience of dealing with a significant and diverse number of employee audiences and stakeholders is essential for this role.
- Ability to relate to, collaborate with, and influence all levels of team members.
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Comfortable with web-based communication tools.
- Constant stable Internet connection.
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate time zones and project deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail.
Full Time Position, 40 Hours a Week
Location: Virtual/Remote, Global
Annual Salary Range: $30,000-$38,000USD (Dependent upon experience)
Start Date: As Soon As Available
How to Apply
Please submit to email@example.com with the subject “Internal Communications Coordinator”
- Cover Letter
We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.