Who we are
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit that creates leaders in the sustainable fiber and materials industry. The organization develops, manages, and promotes a suite of leading industry standards as well as collects and publishes vital industry data and insights that enable brands and retailers to measure, manage, and track their use of preferred fiber and materials.
With a membership that represents leading brands, retailers, and suppliers, Textile Exchange has, for years, been positively impacting climate through accelerating the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry and is now making it an imperative goal through its 2030 Strategy: Climate+. Under the Climate+ strategic direction, Textile Exchange will be the driving force for urgent climate action with a goal of 45% reduced CO2 emissions from textile fiber and material production by 2030.
To learn more about Textile Exchange, visit: TextileExchange.org
The Program Specialist will report to and support the South Asia Manager to implement the intervention activities of Textile Exchange within the region & globally. Specifically, activities related to Textile Exchange impact & production data collection, standards assurance, and outreach and policy activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Preferred Fiber and Material Team Support:
- Production data collection & record keeping.
- M&E & Impact data collection for Organic & other Preferred fiber & Material.
- Regional Organic Cotton Round Table support.
- Global Organic Cotton Round Table support.
- Project Management, including development and implementation.
- Stakeholder management & engagement.
- Coordinating and delivering meetings, workshops, and other events.
- Learning & Communications.
- Contributes to the strategic direction of current & new programs.
- Establish and maintain relationship with certification stakeholders in the region. This includes frequent communication with certification bodies providing both guidance and enforcement of assurance policies. It may also include engaging with certified sites for data gathering or piloting new standards requirements.
- Perform quality checks of certification activities such as document reviews, shadow assessments, investigations, complaints resolutions, etc., all following the assurance team protocols.
- Provide general support for the assurance team in implementation of standards, impact incentives, and other programs.
- Meeting scheduling, note taking, email, document editing and other communication support
- Technical research on textiles and their materials.
- Report writing & proof reading.
Experience and Qualifications
- Passionate about sustainability.
- Demonstrate interest in Textile Exchange’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of raw material production and/or textile production.
- Strong understanding of Monitoring & Evaluation and data collection.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities.
- Self-motivated & well organized.
- Clear communicator in English, both oral & written.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Eager to learn.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation with the ability to work remotely effectively.
- Strong team player.
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Working and thinking at master’s degree level, preferably in business, agricultural economics, sustainable development or another relevant field of expertise.
- Experience in project management and operations.
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships and build rapport with stakeholders and clients.
- Knowledge and thinking on agri-value chain, textile supply chain development and understanding of international trade and critical sustainability challenges in (agricultural) value chains.
- Experience in research, writing papers/ proposals.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with non-native English speakers.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven analytical skills; strong understanding of technology, process, problem-solver.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and tight deadlines & ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Team player, resourceful, eager to learn and able to work independently in a virtual workplace.
- Able to work remotely/from home in India.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office Suite.
- Flexible to communicate with multiple time zones outside of standard working hours.
- Able to travel domestically & Internationally – up to 35%.
- Prior experience coordinating events and/or performing trainings is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis.
- Equipped with excellent computer skills, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft. Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Strong second languages (Hindi, Marathi, Tamil preferred)
Full Time Position, 40 Hours a Week
Location: Virtual/Remote, Based in India
Annual Salary Range: Dependent upon experience
Start Date: As Soon As Possible (start date to be agreed between both parties)
How to Apply
Please submit to recruitmentOffice@textileexchange.org with the subject “Program Specialist”
- Cover Letter
- Salary expectation.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.