Industry thought leaders from around the globe will gather in Washington, D.C., Oct. 9-13, 2017 to create action and develop a 2030 roadmap for the textile industry.
Textile Exchange prepares to welcome over 400 leaders from the textile and apparel industry for its annual Textile Sustainability Conference. The 2017 conference is a global event taking place in Washington, D.C. on Oct. 9-13 with a theme of United by Action: Catalyzing the Sustainable Development Goals in Textiles. Textile Exchange is pleased to announce an initial list of speakers participating in this event to discuss current sustainability issues, including how to engage with the United Nations #SDGs and the #GlobalGoals.
On the brand and retail side, the conference will feature:
- Ariane Grazian, Sr. Manager of General Merchandise Sustainability, Walmart
- Helena Helmersson, Global Head of Production for H&M
- Jeffrey Hogue, Chief Sustainability Officer, C&A
- Caroline Reid, Project Manager Sustainable Development, IKEA
Textile Exchange is also honored to announce that Justin Mundy, Director of HRH The Prince of Wales International Sustainability Unit will join us for a special presentation on October 11, 2017 on Scaling the Use of Sustainable Cotton. He will be joined by representatives from the Sustainable Cotton Initiatives.
Leading Suppliers such as Shreyaskar Chaudhary, Managing Director, Pratibha Syntex Limited and Jose Fernandez, Global Merino will also be presenting.
Learn About Innovations and Stakeholder Initiatives Delivering on the #SDGs Innovative ideas will be offered by:
- Dr. Maurizio Crippa, CEO, gr3n
- Karin Ekberg, CEO, Leadership & Sustainability
- Tim Greiner, Co-founder and Managing Director, Pure Strategies, Inc.
- Dr. Jung Ha-Brookshire, Assoc. Dean for Research & Graduate Studies of College of Human Environmental Sciences & Assoc. Prof. of Textile & Apparel Mgt, Univ. of Missouri
- Karla Magruder, Founder & Textile Consultant, Fabrikology International
- MeiLin Wan, Vice President Textiles, Applied DNA Sciences
- Sophie Mather, Material Futurist, BIOV8TION
- Maggie Kervick, Director of Communications & Outreach, GCNYC Fair Fashion Center
And, industry stakeholders will include:
- Traci Kinden, Textile Program, Circular Economy
- Alyson Genovese, GRI’s Head of Corporate/Stakeholder Relations for North America
- Dr. Timo Hammer, CEO, WKI Hohenstein Group
- Yuka Iwatsuki, President/Co-founder, Action against Child Exploitation (ACE)
- Andre Leu, President of IFOAM-Organics International
- Patrick Mallet, Innovations Director of ISEAL Alliance
- Ruth Mathews, Chief Policy Advisor, Water Footprint Network
- Tien Shiao, Senior Associate, Pacific Institute
More About the Conference
A special Textile Exchange Member-Only Breakfast will feature Andrew Winston, a globally recognized expert on green business and author of Green Recovery and Green to Gold. A current list of speakers is available on the conference website and will be updated as additional speakers are confirmed. Follow #TExtileConf for updates on speakers joining us for the conference.
The Agenda structure offers two full conference days, and additional pre- and post-conference days dedicated to in-depth workshops. The series of workshops take the audience through multiple sessions of insight and information. Attendees will leave with actionable solutions they can immediately implement into their daily business. After attending Textile Exchange’s 2016 conference, Nicole Bassett, Co-Founder, The Renewal Workshop said, “I always walk away from the Textile Exchange global conference with a deep understanding of the newest ideas, innovations and companies in sustainability in the textile industry. The conference gives the opportunity for great networking and developing business relationships.”
Textile Exchange #CreatingMaterialChange for 15 Years!
In its 15th year of #CreatingMaterialChange, Textile Exchange will kick-off its annual conference with an anniversary celebration to honor its founding members who recognized the need for a leading collaborative organization to drive industry transformation. “Through their annual conference, Textile Exchange provides a much needed space for everyone to work together, because this type of collaboration and collective action is what will drive transformational change within apparel supply chains globally.” – Scott Leonard, Founding Member of Textile Exchange and CEO of INDIGENOUS and a member of the C&A Foundation Investment Committee. For more information about the conference and to register to attend, visit: http://textileexchange.org/2017-textile-sustainability-conference/.
For more information about the conference and to register to attend, visit: http://textileexchange.org/2017-textile-sustainability-conference/.