Who we are: Textile Exchange is a global non-profit working to help the fashion and textile industry transform fiber and material production by working with a robust membership of brands, retailers and suppliers to accelerate the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
What we do: In short, we build a community that can collectively accomplish what no individual or company can do alone. We develop, manage, and promote a suite of leading industry standards, as well as collect and publish critical industry data and insights that enable brands and retailers to measure, manage, and track their use of preferred fiber and materials.
How we do it: With a robust membership representing leading brands, retailers, and suppliers, Textile Exchange is positively impacting the climate through accelerating the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
Climate+: With our new Climate+ strategy, Textile Exchange is the driving force for urgent climate action on textile fiber and materials with a goal of 45% reduced CO2 emissions from textile fiber and material production by 2030. By benchmarking the industry and providing actionable tools for improvement, Textile Exchange is driving a race to the top.
Working at Textile Exchange: We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. Diverse group of advocates and activists committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each TEam member is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
Textile Exchange is looking for a dynamic, strategic, and ambitious leader to lead the next phase of Textile Exchange Standards. The Senior Manager of Standards will report to the Director of Standards and will be responsible for supporting the management of the team and maintaining corresponding budgets. The role will manage Textile Exchange Standards across three key areas:
Our Climate+ commitment must come to life in Textile Exchange standards. Guided by our in-house team of experts and supported by our Assurance team, the Sr Manager of Standards will make sure that our standards drive impact in line with climate action. They will help Textile Exchange capture the data and stories behind the impact. They will ensure that impact drives decision-making at the highest level around our standards.
The Sr Manager will work with our highly organized and efficient (and internationally recognized) stakeholder engagement team to ensure our standards are developed with true collaboration, science- based decision-making, and transparency. They will look for innovations to continue to bring new stakeholders into the process, while also supporting innovation in systems to make the process more efficient and transparent.
Telling the Story
The Sr Manager will work with our Communications, Business Development, and Claims leads to drive more interest and trust in what our standards can deliver for the industry and consumers: creating real impact. They will drive more and more trust in what our standards can deliver, and increase the adoption of standards across the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
85% Standards Oversight, Management of the Standards Team
- Help Textile Exchange reach its goals via its suite of standards
- Primary lead for Standards revisions
- Support the Director of Standards in reporting to the Board and SAT on Standards work
- Support the Director in oversight of workplans and key deliverables
- Support the Director in managing the annual budget across all existing standards
- Lead collaboration with Assurance team to deliver credibility
15% Standards Innovation and Outreach
- Horizon scanning to ensure standards can adapt as the industry innovates and grows on the development and implementation of a business development plan.
- Identify technology or innovations in approach for the Standards team.
- Represent Textile Exchange Standards externally, in speaking events and opportunities.
Experience and Qualifications
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven leader with the ability to identify needs, create and direct solutions into existence.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively with the Textile Exchange team
- and key external stakeholders.
- Strong management abilities, including project planning and oversight, problem solving, and
- ability to play a leadership role in a highly team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal skills, international experience a plus.
- MS Office (Required), Sharepoint, and 365 Microsoft Suite.
- A minimum of a B.A. or B.S. or equivalent
- At least 5-7 years of experience in standards and certification, especially members of ISEAL.
- At least 7 combined years of experience working in sustainability and/or apparel sectors.
- Experience managing teams and budgets.
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment.
Full Time Position, 40 Hours a Week
Location: Virtual/Remote, Global
Annual Salary Range: $75,000-$100,000USD (Dependent upon experience) Start Date: As Soon As Available
How to Apply
Please submit to email@example.com with the subject “Standards, Senior Manager”
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.