Who we are: Textile Exchange is a global non-profit working to help the fashion and textile industry transform fiber and material production by working with a robust membership of brands, retailers and suppliers to accelerate the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
What we do: In short, we build a community that can collectively accomplish what no individual or company can do alone. We develop, manage, and promote a suite of leading industry standards, as well as collect and publish critical industry data and insights that enable brands and retailers to measure, manage, and track their use of preferred fiber and materials.
How we do it: With a robust membership representing leading brands, retailers, and suppliers, Textile Exchange is positively impacting the climate through accelerating the use of preferred fibers across the global textile industry.
Climate+: With our new Climate+ strategy, Textile Exchange is the driving force for urgent climate action on textile fiber and materials with a goal of 45% reduced CO2 emissions from textile fiber and material production by 2030. By benchmarking the industry and providing actionable tools for improvement, Textile Exchange is driving a race to the top.
Working at Textile Exchange: We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. Diverse group of advocates and activists committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each TEam member is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
Textile Exchange is looking to add a Specialist to our Standards team that will provide crucial support in drafting and revising Standards. The Standards Specialist will report to the Director of Standards and will support the Textile Exchange standards development team. The Specialist will bring experience in technical writing and standards development to help the team create credible, dynamic standards that drive meaningful impact and climate action.
Duties and Responsibilities
75% Standards Research and Writing
· Liaise with content leads, subject matter experts, and Assurance team to research key issue areas
· Draft issue papers, criteria, and standards documents according to best practices and desired outcomes
· Document research and support for key decisions as part of the standard revision and development process
· Primary standards writer for Standards revisions
25% Standards Support and Guidance
· Help create tools and guidance to provide support to users of the standards
· Answer occasional support questions from users, with training
Experience and Qualifications
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience writing standards in a way that ensures clarity and credibility
· Experience with sustainability standards systems
· Ability to work independently as well as collaborate effectively with the Textile Exchange team and key external stakeholders.
· Strong research and “librarian” abilities.
· Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal skills, international experience a plus.
· MS Office (Required), Sharepoint, and 365 Microsoft Suite.
· A minimum of a B.A. or B.S. or equivalent
· At least 3-5 years of experience in standards and certification, especially members of ISEAL.
· At least 3 combined years of experience working in sustainability and/or apparel sectors preferred.
Full Time Position, 40 Hours a Week
Location: Virtual/Remote, Global
Annual Salary Range: $40,000-$55,000USD (Dependent upon experience)
Start Date: As Soon As Available
How to Apply
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Standards, Specialist”
2. Cover Letter
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. We regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.