Location: Support Office (Vancouver)
The mission of the Sustainability Department is to drive responsible and sustainable product and operations to deliver value for people, the planet and Aritzia.
As a member of the Sustainability Department, you will be part of the team responsible for driving improvements and continuously enhancing the sustainability of our business practices and supply chain. As the Senior Manager, Product Sustainability, you will connect and align the knowledge and vision of the Sustainability team, the Product Division, and the raw material and finished good suppliers with whom we partner, to minimize the environmental impact of our products and supply chain. And, with people at the heart of everything you do, you will partner with a high-potential team growing rewarding careers at Aritzia—while enjoying one yourself.
As the Sr. Manager, Product Sustainability, you will lead the team to:
- Support in defining and delivering Aritzia’s product sustainability vision
- Embed environmental sustainability practices into manufacturing excellence expectations
- Manage the phase out of high priority chemicals by developing and overseeing the Sustainable Chemical Program
- Secure the best possible margins without compromising lead-time and quality
- Create and embed sustainability management systems and practices into Product strategy and the day to day of the business
- Engage and inspire our stakeholders through transparent, honest and accurate sustainability communications in partnership with the communications and marketing teams.
- Work with the appropriate Business Support partners to seamlessly lead the day-to-day function of the department in support of corporate objectives, while enabling progressive career development and an incredible employee experience
The Sr. Manager, Sustainability has:
- A commitment to learn, apply, champion, and enrich Aritzia’s Business and People Leadership principles
- A drive to take on new opportunities and challenges, with the self-motivation to continue to develop and grow self and others
- The ability to set the standard for operational efficiency, investing in world class process and systems to maximize team and business results
- The skills to set clear objectives and inspire yourself and others to reach their full capability and maximize their capacity
- The leadership qualities to design a vision and strategy that motivates the team and fuels business growth
- The following proven and best-in-class skills, education, and/or required certifications to operate in the role:
- A degree, professional training, or experience related to textile, chemistry, manufacturing engineering, or environmental science
- Experience in quantifying climate, water and biodiversity impact of product including: GHG emissions, energy use, water use/waste water, hazardous chemicals, and/or animal welfare
- Understanding of material traceability systems and/or circularity principles
- Familiarity working in factories and/or mills or other industrial settings
- The commitment to continuously learn and develop oneself and inspire growth in others
- A dedication to quality and investing in results that add tremendous value and drives the business at all times
- A proactive and entrepreneurial approach executing job responsibilities, prioritizing urgent and important work
- A keen eye and ability to identify, evaluate, and capitalize on business opportunities for today and tomorrow, maximizing top line and bottom line impacts
- A deep understanding and commitment for the industry in which we operate and an industry connector building relationships and bringing learnings in-house to further enhance the business
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- A-OK Commissary & Café – Our in-office, world-class bistro and café
- The SET – Our in-house gym, with state-of-the art equipment and custom classes
- Aspirational Workspace – Every detail is considered to connect to the energy of the culture
- Dog Friendly Office – Bring your best friend to work
- Amenities – Facilities include private parent’s room, bike storage rooms, and shower facilities with complimentary conveniences
- Product Discount – Our famous product discount, online and in store
- Extras – A multitude of other perks like dry-cleaning, hotel and restaurant discounts, self-care promos, on-site medical care and more
- Health & Safety – Industry-leading health and safety precautions, including on-site screenings, mask and distancing protocols, and cleaning supplies
Head to our About Us for the scoop on who we are and what we do.
Aritzia is an Equal Opportunity employer. Aritzia believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.