(1) Preferred Cotton Market share is calculated as a share of the program over the global aggregate cotton production reported by ICAC (source: ICAC Cotton World Statistics – May 2018 Update).
As there there overlapping production between initiatives, the sum of market share indicated here will not amount to 100%. For a proportional breakdown of the initiatives please refer to Textile Exchange Preferred Fiber and Market Report 2018)
(2) Pesticide use is under further review in many countries and evolving. As an example, the U.S. E.P.A. banned endosulfan after it was previously banned in other countries. This section allows each inititive to explain their positions.
(3) BCI Benchmark standards include: ABRAPA, CmiA and myBMP
(4) Find the full results at bettercotton.org/about-better-cotton/farmer-results
(5) Initiative data is referenced to Textile Exchange Preferred Fiber & Materials Market Report 2018 which is sourced from and verified by respective initiative.