The OCMR provides an annual deep dive into the global production, consumption, key trends, challenges and opportunities, and inspiring stories in organic cotton from across the sector.
- Organic is a launching pad to a diverse preferred fiber and materials portfolio.
- Brand “Organic” is strong. Origins matter and transparency is increasing.
- Early indication of increased adoption of “Organic Fair Trade”.
- Number of organic cotton farmers and land area increases but production of organic cotton decreases slightly.
- Moderate growth was experienced in China in response to increasing domestic demand.
Industry Crosscutting Themes
- Mobilization around integrity. TE is moving to a holistic, multi-pronged approach to improve the quality of compliance and integrity within the supply chain.
- The Organic Cotton Round Table (OCRT) enters its fifth year. Join us in Hamburg, October 6-7, 2016.
Download the Overview for a snapshot of what is included in the full report.