Textile Exchange’s Market Report show companies getting the mix right for sustainability
The companies featured in these reports, range from those that focus on one fiber to those using a whole variety of fibers and materials. Both reports present a number of leaderboards, celebrating the “top 10” companies that have made significant steps in their sourcing strategies.
In response to consultation feedback, tomorrow we will be hosting a webinar to guide you through the updated survey framework and features, explain a little more about the program, and to answer any questions you may have.
The OCMR provides an annual deep dive into the global production, consumption, key trends, challenges and opportunities, and inspiring stories in organic cotton from across the sector.
- Organic is a launching pad to a diverse preferred fiber and materials portfolio.
- Brand “Organic” is strong. Origins matter and transparency is increasing.
- Early indication of increased adoption of “Organic Fair Trade”.
- Number of organic cotton farmers and land area increases but production of organic cotton decreases slightly.
- Moderate growth was experienced in China in response to increasing domestic demand.
Industry Crosscutting Themes
- Mobilization around integrity. TE is moving to a holistic, multi-pronged approach to improve the quality of compliance and integrity within the supply chain.
- The Organic Cotton Round Table (OCRT) enters its fifth year. Join us in Hamburg, October 6-7, 2016.