Assistant Textile Engineer/Scientist
Kintra Fibers is a materials science company creating bio-synthetic resin and yarns for the fashion industry, with backing from the world’s leading brands. We are a tight knit group of sustainably-minded individuals united by our mission to create a truly circular apparel industry through materials design. We are seeking team members who are ready to chart new terrain and roll up their sleeves to build a new, nature-aligned fashion industry ecosystem.
The Assistant Textile Engineer/Scientist will:
- Work closely with our Senior Fiber Extrusion Scientist in the planning, set-up, and implementation of new experiments
- Work alongside our Senior Fiber Extrusion Scientist in identifying new avenues for research, including in fabric prototyping, coloration, and surface functionalization
- Prepare fiber and yarn samples for various characterization processes
- Maintain a tidy and detailed lab notebook of all experiments and data
The role requires:
- BS or higher in textiles, fiber science, polymer science, materials science, chemical engineering, or related field
- Basic knowledge of tensile testing, rheology, DSC, titrations, optical microscopy
- Desire to work in a startup environment with a small team
- A passion for sustainable materials and circular design
- Familiarity with melt spinning and yarn processing a plus
- Working experience in a university lab or other is strongly preferred
This is a full-time position with a competitive benefits package offered. This is an entry-level role that will grow with a successful applicant. The role will be based at our Brooklyn, NY lab space. To apply please submit a cover letter with a C.V. or resume to email@example.com with the subject “Assistant Textile Engineer/Scientist.”
Kintra Fibers, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected category in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.