Center Operations Manager
About the Organization
Water is a shared resource with multiple uses and faces competing demands from domestic, agricultural, and industrial sectors. Today, almost two-thirds of the world’s population experience severe water scarcity for at least one month each year. With growing competition for increasingly scarce water resources, the textile and apparel sector is under pressure to introduce water management practices to sustain its business operations. Global Water Innovation Center for Action (GWICA) is a one-of-a-kind center that will promote and upscale water management practices across the textile and apparel value chain and act as an innovation hub for water management-related innovations for the textile and apparel sector in India and around the world.
GWICA aims to advance and scale water stewardship in the textile and apparel sector by partnering with manufacturers, businesses, government, academia, industry associations, and civil society. For the same, GWICA will enhance the knowledge-sharing opportunities for the industry and provide a pre-competitive and open-source knowledge repository; help develop innovation and expose manufacturers to current and futuristic technologies through the incubator; bring together key stakeholders in water management and manufacturing for meetings and events; and serve as an event space. GWICA is supported by Arvind Limited and Gap Inc. and its solutions will be open-sourced to encourage innovation and uptake across the textile and apparel sector. This position will be initially housed in Arvind Limited which is a textile-to-retail conglomerate with a focus on textiles, apparel, advanced materials, environmental solutions, telecom, and Omni-channel commerce.
About the Role
- Build, and strengthen GWICA’s role and position within the textile and apparel sector.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for delivery of GWICA’s strategic objectives including the facility budget and program.
- Maintenance of the implementation plan by capturing task updates, identifying priority activities, and allocating appropriate resources.
- Conducting research, writing reports, and presenting findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate partnerships and manage relationships to promote engagement and participation of private and public sector stakeholders in WICA activities.
- Plan and organize events like seminars, and conferences and oversee the event from preparation and set-up through teardown.
- Establish and improve internal working methods, collaboration, and organization.
- Guide staff and consultants to ensure full delivery of agreed outputs while fostering a spirit of collaboration, work ethics, transparency, accountability, and teamwork
- Prudently manage day-to-day office operations, including procurement, expert recruitment, financial and asset management.
- Bachelor or advanced university degree in a subject related to environmental science, textile engineering, business administration, or sustainability.
- At least six years of progressively responsible and diverse experience in the above fields including at least three years with an international organisation.
- A Doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for three years of working experience.
- Experience managing or coordinating operations in a learning center, innovation hub, community workspace, or multi-stakeholder institutions is a strong plus.
- Proven ability in managing and collaborating in a culturally diverse team
- Strong networking skills and ability to collaborate with people at all levels
- Experience in creating content for innovation programs or workshops or training is also valuable.
- Strong Program and Project Management experience
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks
- Strong project financial management
- Strong written and verbal communication
What we offer
When you work with us, everything you do will have a clear purpose and significant meaning, as we aim to reduce the water impacts of manufacturing clothing and apparel. You will have the chance to truly impact the textile and apparel sector and the environment while expanding your knowledge, improving your abilities, and advancing your career in a fun and dynamic organization.
Program ManagerIndustry Type:
Water Treatment / Waste ManagementDepartment:
Project & Program ManagementEmployment Type:
Full Time, PermanentRole Category:
Other Program / Project Management
B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
Skills highlighted with ‘‘ are preferred key skills
At USD 1.5T globally, textiles is one of the world’s largest industries. While retail has had a lot of innovation over the years both physical as well as e-commerce-driven the textiles supply chain is highly resilient with a well-established manufacturing footprint that has not seen major disruptions over the last few decades. However, recent technological developments mean that the industry is set to undergo several simultaneous transformations on the supply side.
Arvind is a diversified Indian conglomerate with a market capitalization of ~USD 2BN. The group’s core business is in textiles, where it has a significant presence across all parts of the value chain. We are the 3rd largest manufacturer of denim in the world, manage one of the strongest brand portfolios in Indian fashion retail, and are a key strategic supplier to most of the world’s leading apparel brands e.g. GAP, Levis, H&M, etc. Our business interests also include advanced materials e.g. fire-proof clothing, real estate, telecommunication, heavy engineering, and environmental solutions.
Company Info Address:
ARVIND LIMITED PREMISES,,,NARODA ROAD,RAILWAYPURA , AHMEDABAD, Gujarat, India