at Gymshark (View all jobs)
Are you passionate about combating climate change and ready to make a meaningful impact?
We’re seeking a dedicated Climate Manager to lead our sustainability efforts and drive our commitment to a greener future.
As a Climate Manager, you will play a pivotal role in managing and reducing our carbon footprint. Your expertise in carbon foot printing, stakeholder collaboration, and roadmap development will be crucial as we work towards our sustainability goals.
If you’re experienced in navigating complex ESG frameworks, such as Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and are eager to champion environmental stewardship, we invite you to apply and be a part of our mission to create a more sustainable world.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Establishing current state of play and building a roadmap to achieve delivery of key SBTI carbon reduction opportunities across the entire business
- Developing accurate data collection methods in conjunction with relevant departments to ensure that Carbon Footprint results are highly accurate with all aspects captured. Plus ongoing work to continually improve these wherever possible
- Provide regular updates to key functions related to progress against targets so that performance can be monitored, strategy adjusted and investment opportunities evaluated in a timely manner
- Developing product sustainability metrics that can be incorporated into our product design and development stages, to communicate product CO2 to the customer
- Direct engagement with supply chain to serve as Gymshark’s supplier face of Climate and Carbon to ensure all Gymshark suppliers understand and working towards carbon targets
- Support other key stakeholders and functions within Gymshark that are intrinsic to Climate and Carbon – Packaging, Materials, Product Development, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Design, Finance, Property, Brand etc (Including relevant training, communications etc)
- Support with relevant financial disclosures such as TCFD, SDS and any others impacting or forecast to impact the business
- Working with Logistics teams to ensure that ‘Final Mile’ data can be accurately calculated and supporting the team with recommendations to reduce carbon emissions from shipping and customer returns
- Keeping informed of key regulatory, technical and industry requirements and trends in relation to carbon and climate action through ongoing professional development and representing the business at industry events
- Conducting Life-Cycle Analysis (LCA) on our products and provide recommendations that reduce environmental impact and develop and influence improvements
- Climate and Carbon at Gymshark and all related stakeholder management internally and externally
- Ensuring availability of necessary Carbon footprint results in line with SECR requirements in timely manner and sharing with the Finance team
- Performance against Carbon KPI’s and commitments – Including calculation of a highly accurate Carbon Footprint over all 3 scopes
- Reduction of Scope 3 Carbon Emissions within our Supply Chain
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experienced and well-versed in the calculation methodologies of a Carbon footprint with comprehensive understanding of methodologies and ideally experience in the implementation of science-based targets
- Degree level/relevant industry experience in Environmental Sciences/Sustainability/Energy/Carbon with experience of conducting Life Cycle Assessments (LCA), ideally within the textile and apparel sector, and using this data to suggest, drive, and support implementation of improvement initiatives
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in implementing Carbon/energy reduction methods, and knowledge of Carbon offsetting approaches and selecting suitable projects
- Excellent IT skills including proficient use of MS Office especially Excel database management tools, and ideally familiarity with LCA data management software
- Able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and experience in collecting and evaluating complex data with the ability to translate this into accessible and meaningful insight that can be clearly articulated to stakeholders
- Ability to network and build strong relationships internally and externally
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of current and future climate change trends and policies and related legislation
- Able to work on own initiative, with excellent time management skills, and the ability to adapt, multi-task and prioritise activities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with experience in visually presenting complex data to a varied audience and supporting the creation of story-telling opportunities
- Ability to develop and deliver training material
- Experience implementing Carbon Reduction projects within supply chains ideally within textile / apparel manufacturing
- Confidence travelling to suppliers globally and working within the supply chain
This is a hybrid role and would require the successful candidate to attend at least 3 days a week in GSIQ, Solihull, UK.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday 26th September
BELONGING AT GYMSHARK.
Our mission is to be a place where everyone belongs. We’re an equal opportunities employer, and for us that means we always strive to be as inclusive as possible in all aspects of employment, right from your application. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re here to unite the conditioning community. We believe that putting the sweat in today, prepares us for tomorrow. So, we give people the tools they need to reach further, go faster, be stronger. We celebrate those who show up – for themselves – to be their physical or mental best, whatever that means for them. It’s what we want for our community, and our team. A team that’s growing rapidly around the world. A collective of talented individuals working together to invent Gymshark’s future. Our plans are ambitious, and we’re looking for people who want to join us for the ride – our growth will be your growth.
🙌 Competitive ‘Win Together, Lose Together’ Bonus
🩺 Choice of Private Medical Insurance or Healthcare Cash Plan, paid for by us!
🏖 25 days holidays + your birthday and all the Bank Holidays which can be substituted and taken whenever you want.
💻 A truly Flexible Working Culture
👥 A collaborative, creative and inspiring working environment
💰 Employer pension contributions up to 7%
🤩 Life Assurance at four times your basic salary
🦈 50% Gymshark Discount
🎁 Gymshark Gift Card for each year of service
🥇 Financial, Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support
📚 Great Training and Learning Resources
🖥 Choice of hardware and access to the best software
🤒 Paid time off when you’re physically and mentally unwell
🧸 Very Generous Family Leave package – we support you extending your family
🍎 Refuel – Healthy fresh food at GSHQ
🏋️♂️ Lifting Club (LC) Gym Membership
👉 Free monthly massages
💈 Beauty and Barber facilities
🚘 Free on-site parking