Position: Compliance Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Quality
Location: Dover, NH
This is an opportunity to join a respected outdoor brand in the process of implementing best-in-class quality standards. The Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that all NEMO products comply with regulatory requirements as well as our own strict internal standards. This position will work with our product design/development team to facilitate the sharing of information with various stakeholders through the administration and maintenance of our Centric PLM. The successful candidate will also work closely with our suppliers to ensure the conformance of raw materials, finished products, and factory procedures to various regulatory and internal standards.
The ideal candidate is someone well-versed in consumer product compliance with a focus on sustainability, who sees the big picture and is looking for an opportunity to make a tangible, positive impact on the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management, or equivalent
- 2–3 years in a compliance or business administration role related to consumer products
- Strong understanding of consumer product compliance regulations applicable to outdoor products
- Experience with Centric PLM or similar product lifecycle management software
- Experience configuring and maintaining Centric PLM is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Passion for the outdoors and sustainability
Welcome, but not Required:
- Document control experience in an ISO 9001 or similar quality management system
- Collaboration with regulatory entities, our internal Sustainability Department, and our suppliers to ensure product compliance
- Ensure compliance with our internal product development process and ensure that required information has been captured at critical development milestones
- Monitor and report on performance and configuration needs of our Centric PLM
- Perform data entry and validation in our Centric PLM
About the Company:
NEMO Equipment is an award-winning New England-based specialty outdoor brand that makes backpacking and camping gear for everyone with the drive to explore the uncharted path. NEMO’s reputation for design innovation is a result of its philosophy to never bring anything to market that doesn’t offer a meaningfully better experience, whether that’s the first swinging and reclining portable camp chair (Stargaze™), the first sleeping bags for side sleepers (the Spoon™ shape series), or the first composite-weave, 100% recycled tent fabric (OSMO™).
For over two decades, as our team has grown, we have actively lived out the belief that intelligently designed gear enables the adventures that make us all our best selves — humans who are conscious, inspired, connected, and mindful. The sticker in our conference room captures our ethos: “Design Like You Give a Damn.”
We do just that.
For more information about working at NEMO, please visit our website .