Director, Traceability – Corporate Responsibility
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) team’s mission is to support PVH’s brands, regions and functions, to drive Fashion Forward, for Good. We aim to embed sustainable business into PVH’s DNA – including strategy and visioning, culture, and business operations.
The Director of Traceability is responsible for developing, maintaining, and optimizing PVH’s global traceability strategy and roadmap to verifiably trace the origin, transportation, composition, and weight of all products. To do so, the Director will steer teams across diverse functions and commercial regions on collaborative efforts to achieve end-to-end traceability of all products.
The Director will be a strong relationship builder and exhibit excellent communication and program management skills, analytic capabilities, and effective problem-solving. The success of this role will require the Director to foster partnerships with and influence internal partners (e.g. Supply, Legal, Technology & Process Group, commercial regions, brands) and key Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives and technology providers.
The successful candidate will be familiar with various technical traceability methodologies and technologies including, but not limited to, chain of custody document verification, fiber forensic testing, and blockchain. Additionally, the Director is expected to have the proven ability to understand end-to-end business processes and integrate new operating procedures and technologies into existing business processes and experience in scaling pilots across an enterprise.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Build, steer, and drive a traceability roadmap for PVH in collaboration with internal partners (including Supply, TPG, Legal) to integrate existing traceability capabilities, scale new capabilities, and establish a global traceability ecosystem
- Consult with cross-functional partners to identify synergies, gaps, and duplication across the existing traceability ecosystem to mobilize near, medium, and long term actions needed to establish end-to-end traceability of all products
- Collaborate with cross-functional, regional, and brand teams on the implementation of solutions in support of the traceability roadmap and ensure that supply chain and product data is collected to enable ESG reporting and product transparency disclosures
- Lead executive steering committee and communicate progress against initiatives, risk levels, roadblocks, and asks to leadership
- Drive overall communication to internal and external stakeholders related to PVH’s traceability approach
- Represent PVH externally and engage with industry peers on industry-wide solutioning with partners both inside and outside the apparel industry, including government groups, NGOs, suppliers, commodity brokers, startups and technology providers, and industry groups
Direct: Manager, Traceability
Indirect: Cross-functional project teams
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: At least 8 years relevant experience, ideally with a focus on supply chain, sustainability, business operations, and technology
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with team leadership, external business partners, industry peers and overseas teams
- Business acumen to partner with all brands, commercial regions, and corporate functions
- Ability to establish cross functional, collaborative relationships with business partners
- Experience managing and providing internal and external trainings
- Project management in a cross-functional, multi-faceted, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem solving abilities with a solutions oriented mindset
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically to deliver results
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to explain complex data and content in a clear and impactful way with target audiences in mind
- Advanced proficiency with PowerPoint
- Proven ability to build a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of the apparel industry, consumer goods industry, product development or supply chain preferred
Pay Range: $155,000 – $170,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary (“PVH”) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good.