European Program Director
The Program Director’s main responsibilities include the management of regional programs including strategy, budget, timeline, organization, and deliverables. Key function is daily oversight of activities needed to execute on program goals, reporting and grant targets.
Program Director (EU)
Accelerating Circularity is a collaborative industry organization with a mission to create new supply chains and business models to turn spent textiles into mainstream raw materials. The goal is to develop models for circular supply systems that can be implemented in multiple geographies. We believe in truth, action and accountability.
Location: Remote (European Time Zone required)
The European Program Director’s main responsibilities include the management of regional programs including strategy, budget, timeline, organization, and deliverables. Key function is daily oversight of activities needed to execute on program goals, reporting and grant targets. Position is based in EU.
EU Programs may include:
● Trials – Textile to textile recycling trials (research, material transportation, tracking, sorting, preprocessing, recycling, fiber, yarn, fabric, garment making and circular product identification)
● Building Circular Systems
● Partnership Lead – Textile Exchange, WRAP, others.
● Reality Zone – Textile to textile recycling feasibility data base
Other duties may be required depending on regional specific programs.
Reports to: VP Programs & Stakeholder Engagement
Key Collaborators: Program Directors, Communications, Finance, Program participants and Data Analyst.
Key Results & Metrics:
● Program deliverables and timelines.
● Program budgets.
● Program Reporting
● New stakeholders and/or supporters on boarded
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
● Develop the overall program plans and assure compliance during execution of the program.
● Coordinate and oversee the development and maintenance of the program schedule.
● Supplier selection and management; program purchasing
● Program budget development, management, and reporting; maintenance of program financial records
● Program-related correspondence
● Program risk management
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
● Collaborate with Program Analysts to identify indicators and collect data for environmental assessments, business cases, and other relevant applications.
● Track and document all program-related field activities.
● Generate monthly status reports and share information with program participants.
● Perform and/or assist in studies for economic/technical/logistical feasibility and optimization.
● Coordinate development of Program Reports for publication.
● Provide input into organization strategy
● Develop program strategies aligned with organizational strategies.
Stakeholder engagement and relationship management
● Facilitate collaboration across the full textile-to-textile supply chain, with a focus on planning and consensus building.
● Act as primary liaison with program participants to develop and maintain good working relationships.
● Organize and facilitate program meetings.
● Provide coaching and mentoring to specialists and analysts.
Key Competencies: Preferred Skills/Experience:
● At least Ten (5-10) years’ experience managing complex projects as a project manager, with project accountability. International project management experience desired.
● Strong background in textiles and product development.
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Multilingual skills are very desirable. Public speaking required.
● Must exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a matrix team environment.
● Must exhibit an understanding of product and textile development, costing, and industry standards for testing.
● Must exhibit a knowledge and understanding of contracts (legal and financial aspects), cost control and scheduling.
● Must be organized; thorough; able to process, absorb and transfer information expediently; and be able to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
● Requires competency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace (GSuite), and other relevant software.
Key Personal Attributes:
● Committed to the transition to circular textile-to-textile systems
● Believes in the organization’s role in changing the industry
● Effective communicator
● Highly organized
● Detail focus
● Problem solver
● Travel for direct reports
● $1000 sign off on expenses
Travel Expectations: Domestic and International travel required.
● Vice President
● Collaborators: All other staff
● Direct Reports: Project Specialist
● Program participants
● Circularity Stakeholders
$70,000 – $85,000 per year