Accelerating Circularity is a collaborative industry organization with a mission to divert textiles from landfill and incineration for textile-to-textile recycling. The goal is to develop models for circular supply systems that can be implemented in multiple geographies. We believe in truth, action, and accountability.
Role: Administrative Assistant, Accelerating Circularity; Time commitment: Part time, up to 25 hours per week; Compensation: $16 – $20 per hour, based on experience
Reports to: Karla Magruder, President and Founder; Key collaborators: Project Fellow, Project Manager
This position will work remotely as part of a virtual organization and therefore must be extremely reliable and able to work independently. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the project. From scheduling and preparing for meetings, to communicating between companies, you will be responsible for completing a diverse portfolio of tasks in a professional and timely manner. This position is funded by a grant through Spring 2023 (potentially renewable, contingent upon funding).
● Planning and coordination of project schedule and administrative tasks.
● Coordinate schedules and information flows between Steering Committee, working groups, staff, and other partners
● Create and distribute meeting agendas and meeting minutes
● Support publication/dissemination of public communications
● Monitor and archive press mentions, events, and other public appearances
● Direct press and other stakeholder inquiries to the correct team members
● Support efficient and effective use of technology within the organization
● Basic bookkeeping tasks as assigned (transaction entry, account reconciliation, AP/AR)
● Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
● Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience + educational background
● 2+ years of administrative support experience
● Proficient in MSOffice suite, Mailchimp, Quickbooks, SquareSpace and Google Workspace (GSuite)
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Interest in textiles and sustainability initiatives
● Available to work morning business hours (Eastern Time)
● Love of administrative excellence
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Sarah Coulter with the subject line “Administrative Assistant 2021.”
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.