This position will work remotely as part of a virtual organization and therefore must be extremely reliable and able to work independently. The ideal candidate will provide administrative support to ensure the efficient operation of the project and will coordinate project communications. From scheduling and preparing for meetings to communicating between companies and maintaining our social media presence, you will be responsible for completing a diverse portfolio of tasks in a professional and timely manner. This position is a 1-year contract (potentially renewable, contingent upon funding).
- Set up and maintain dashboards, calendars, and reminders for internal project tracking and coordination
- Coordinate schedules and information flows between Steering Committee, working groups, program participants, staff, and other partners
- Create and distribute meeting agendas and meeting minutes
- Direct external inquiries to the correct team members
- Set up and support the management of email groups and related communication tools
- Organize and maintain project documents; ensure templates and collateral materials are up-to-date and accessible to the appropriate users
- Organize, maintain, and provide access as needed to vendor and contractor files, software licenses, credentials, agreements, etc.
- Support efficient and effective use of technology within the organization
- Support bookkeeping tasks as needed (tracking expenses, filing receipts, ensure bills and invoices are processed in a timely fashion)
- Support staff building outlines, presentations, and communications collateral
- Manage social media channels, including generating and posting content, tracking engagement, and moderating comments
- Maintain and manage communications and content calendars and communication workstreams
- Create, develop, and implement communications campaigns; monitor and report on their effectiveness
- Draft and publish blog posts
- Write and issue press releases; develop and manage relationships with members of the media; respond to information requests
- Coordinate public appearances of program staff
- Other assignments as time, interest, and ability permit
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize work
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience + educational background
- Demonstrated administrative support experience
- Proficient in Google Workspace; Office 365; Zoom; Mailchimp; SquareSpace; Airtable; LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and other communication tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in textiles and sustainability initiatives
- Based in the US Eastern time zone.
- Love of administrative excellence
- Love of administrative excellence
Time commitment: Full time, flexible schedule
Reports to: Karla Magruder, President and Founder; Key collaborators: Project Fellow, Project Manager
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications to email@example.com, ATTN: Karla Magruder, with the subject line “US Administrative and Communications Coordinator.”
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.