We are looking for a leader to successfully fulfil the theory of impact
About the International Platform for Insetting (IPI)
The IPI is a business-led non-profit organisation which advocates for climate action at the source of global value chains. It is a diverse community of practice, including mostly corporate organisations and implementation partners, who regularly convene to share real-world cases, best practices and challenges as they work on insetting projects.
About the position
The Executive Director is a driven and passionate individual who will oversee and implement the strategic aims of the IPI and report to the IPI board. You facilitate knowledge exchange and interaction between practitioners, as well as importantly, inspire and enable ambitious action on climate and nature through insetting. You will act as the primary leader of the IPI’s theory of impact and annual operating plan including the development and execution of: (1) annual budgets, roadmap and infrastructure, (2) activities and programs, (3) community development and outreach, and (4) advocacy work.
● Organisational leadership and vision
● Mature the organisation through a strong value proposition and recruiting of new members. Establish and maintain relationships with members, key stakeholders and various organisations and utilise those relationships to strategically enhance the organisation’s profile.
Program development and implementation
● Identify and align priorities of programs in close collaboration with the board and develop delivery plans against agreed priorities.
● Further develop the Insetting Academy program as the organisation’s main platform to facilitate knowledge exchange and interaction between practitioners.Organisation operations
● Effectively manage all required administration of the organisation’s operations and programs.
● Organise, facilitate and report on meetings including board meetings, general assemblies andworking groups.
● Build and maintain strong relationships with community members and create a supportive and enabling environment for them to effectively participate in the organisation’s activities to bring their maximum potential and get value from their engagement. of the International Platform for Insetting through strategic planning, implementation of programs, community outreach and advocacy work.
● You lead the organisation to achieve progress in these areas and serve as chief. executive officer in managing the organisation.
● Effectively work with the board, community members and other stakeholders to ensure that theory of impact is fulfilled through strategic planning, programs, community outreach and advocacy work.
● Evaluate the staffing needs to effectively manage and grow the organisation and align in close collaboration with the board the potential recruitment of qualified specialists.
● Manage the organisation’s communication channels and its regular updates.
● Develop a strategic approach to the organisation’s communications efforts and lead theimplementation of defined tactics.
● Identify event opportunities and act as spokesperson for the organisation, fulfilling publicspeaking duties and representation of the organisation at relevant events to build the organisation profile.Qualifications
● Manage the annual budget of the organisation, evaluate and develop other revenue streams necessary to support the organisation’s effectiveness.
● At least 7-10+ years of overall professional experience; including 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
● Master’s degree, ideally with a related graduate degree such as in Sustainability/Sustainable Business, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources Management or Ecology.
● Effective leadership and interpersonal skills demonstrated in past employment and experience.
● Track record of developing, refining and executing on a strategic vision.
● Well versed in climate and sustainability strategies of corporate organisations with land-dependent supply chains, ideally with an existing network in the sustainability sector.
● Solid foundational knowledge of the interconnectedness between climate change, nature and livelihoods, ideally with practical experience of implementing effective nature-based climate solutions.
● Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
● A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
● Excellent verbal and written communication in at least English, French is a strong plus.
● Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
● Ability to self-organise and follow up on deliverables and to keep a good overview whenmanaging projects with multiple stakeholders.
● Ability to work closely with remote teams, without hierarchical authority.
The role might require travel (less than 10% of time).
Hours and terms:
One-year freelance contract with the possibility of extension. The aim is a long-term position.
Competitive salary based on experience and agreed working hours.
The Executive Director will work remotely from their current location, ideally within Europe. Other
countries can be discussed. Relocation is not required.
Recruitment process and timeline:
Please send your curriculum vitae and letter of motivation to email@example.com