The IOAS is a leading, mission driven non-profit organization incorporated in North Dakota, USA with staff based in Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Spain, Slovenia, the United Kingdom and the USA. We work in the field of accreditation and assessment of bodies engaged in inspection and certification of organic and sustainable agriculture and related fields. Our work in oversight of conformity assessment assists in the development of various private and regulatory schemes by enhancing fairness for producers and building trust in ‘eco-labels’ by consumers.
We work with an increasing number of scheme owners (COSMOS, Canadian Food Inspection Agency, European Commission, Freshcare, GlobalG.A.P., GOTS, IFOAM, NATRUE, Textile Exchange) and the accreditation and assessment services we provide cover organic agriculture, sustainable agriculture, organic textiles, organic and natural cosmetics, recycled products, animal welfare claims, fair trade, social compliance and food safety. IOAS clients are based all over the world.
The day-to-day work of the IOAS is performed by a team of core staff with support from a number of contracted assessors and technical experts. For more information about our work, please visit www.ioas.org.
As a result of expanding workloads in 2021 due to an increased interest in the sectors we work in we are seeking to appoint a full-time Assessor with experience in certification and/or accreditation in the fields of organic and sustainable agriculture, manufacturing and related areas. The assessor is responsible for the technical assessment of selected clients against the applicable requirements for accreditation. The Assessor is required to conduct assessments with high integrity and exceptional rigour. This includes providing thorough and objective evaluations, appropriateness of non-conformities issued, and corrective actions accepted, timeliness of work, and effectiveness of the process.
- This is a full-time, long term role and you will be contracted as self-employed unless you are based in the USA.
- You will work from your own home office. Some travel will be required. IOAS will pay basic office costs and all travel related expenses.
- You are obligated to do the work independently; it shall not be subcontracted in any capacity.
- You will receive complete induction and ongoing training.
- Salary range: USD45-50,000 according to experience.
Interested candidates must have a minimum 3-5 years’ experience conducting assessments of, or inspections for, certification bodies for organic, sustainable, social compliance, and/or related food, textiles, or cosmetics manufacturing schemes.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience working with agriculture schemes relevant to IOAS work.
- Lead auditor qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a database environment.
- Ability to work on their own as well as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, manage and liaise with others for audit purposes.
- Ability to be objective and honest.
- Ability to maintain a calm temperament.
- Ability to analyze findings and identify appropriate non-conformities.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential with an ability to write clear, well-structured reports.
- Willingness to work flexibly to accommodate different time zones.
- Willingness to travel to perform assessments.
- At least one other language is desirable.
Preference will be given to candidates based in Asia and the Pacific region.
Please visit our website to download the application form (FR0403), and submit the completed form, along with Curriculum Vitae, References, and copies of applicable certifications/qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Full time Assessor Recruitment’, Attn: Iris Rendon
October 31, 2021