Head of Sustainability role at YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP
YOOX NET-A-PORTER is the world leader in online luxury and fashion which comprises a complete luxury retail ecosystem. To support the teams who are powering this ecosystem, we have a global Corporate division consisting of departments including Legal, Finance, Security, Human Resources, and Communications & Sustainability.
Our Corporate division is now seeking a talented Head of Sustainable Business to lead the Sustainability team. The team is responsible for driving sustainable transformation through innovation, circular business, D&I, and business strategy, for raising the bar not only within the industry but to prepare and increase the relevance of our business for the future. Through education, training, and engagement, the Sustainability team is driving excitement, and collaboration and empowering our teams to work towards lasting positive impacts, together.
Some of the essentials for you to know are:
Location: Our office in London or Milan
Department Size: 14 (Approx.)
Reporting into: Director of Global Communications & Sustainability
Direct reports: 3 (team of 4)
Here is a breakdown of what you’ll be doing:
This role serves as a figurehead and ambassador for sustainable business within the organization, and a connector that continuously seeks opportunities and enables others to embrace and maximize these. A true builder that keeps an eye on the NorthStar, while grounded in the present and unafraid to roll up their sleeves and drive change and transformation for this rapidly evolving area.
- Oversee and further develop YOOX NET-A-PORTER’s Sustainable Business Strategy; keeping in touch with external developments and ensuring the brand and business remain at the forefront of sustainable business.
- Advocate for sustainability across the business, building knowledge, passion, and capability across the Executive team, senior leadership team, and wider business. As well as influencing external stakeholders and creating thought leadership opportunities.
- Work closely with the ExCo and parent company, Richemont to develop and articulate the company’s ESG commitments, leveraging our sustainability credentials to secure sustainable finance to help the business grow.
- Develop a longer-term vision and strategy for YOOX NET-A-PORTER around D&I (incl. philanthropy) and build governance next to long-term D&I targets with multi-year action plans that incorporate data and measurement strategy, strategic partnerships, and accountability.
- Lead cross-functional and cross-departmental efforts on other social and environmental sustainability areas, actively connecting and creating synergies.
- In partnership with communications, strengthen brand reputation and differentiation with customers, employees, and broader society.
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders, from brand partners to NGOs and associations such as the UN, Sustainable Apparel Coalition, and Textile Exchange.
- Monitor emerging global trends in sustainability, innovation, and regulation and develop strategies to maximize opportunities and minimize risk while bringing in best practices/learnings from external sources (competitors, customers).
- Lead efforts to create tools and frameworks that will enable the business to own sustainability and D&I activities and initiatives.
The type of person we are looking for:
- At least 7-10 years of working experience in an international business environment
- Experience in two or more of the following areas: sustainability, circularity, I&D and innovation – in fashion, apparel retail, luxury, or another FMCG environment
- Strong knowledge and background in the supply chain, product and materials sustainability including certification schemes
- Visionary leader with a participative style – Authority without ego
- Great sensitivity to organizational needs and processes with excellent business acumen and strategic capacity
- Creative and entrepreneurial mind with a keen eye for opportunity
- Sound understanding of customer, brand, and retail environment and ability to constantly find the connection with customer, brand, and business strategy
- A truly collaborative and open mindset with excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Proven ability to independently lead, organize and deliver commitments on time and within budget in a fast pace environment.
- Proven stakeholder management capabilities with strong verbal and written communication skills for diverse audiences from junior colleagues to the Executive level.