Manager – Services & Engagement (Sector focus: Packaging / Fashion) at Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
With sector focus: packaging/printing/paper & fashion/apparel/textiles
Location: Europe; with Amsterdam, the Netherlands preferred
Eligibility to work in the European Union is required for this position.
To apply for this role, please submit a current resume and a short cover letter in english to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that applications submitted through LinkedIn or other channels will not be reviewed.
The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute is looking for an exceptional individual to join our highly dedicated and talented team to accelerate adoption and maximize the positive impact of the Cradle to Cradle Certified® Products Program across the sectors of packaging, printing and paper, and fashion and apparel on a global scale.
The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute is dedicated to powering innovation for the circular economy through products that have a positive impact on people and planet. Through the Cradle to Cradle Certified® Products Program, the Institute sets the global standard for products that are safe, circular and responsibly made. The Institute works closely with leading organizations and stakeholders worldwide to guide and validate their efforts to apply the principles of material health, circular economy, climate protection, water and soil stewardship, and social fairness to product design and manufacturing. The Institute also powers the global shift to a circular economy through partnerships and collaborative initiatives that equip businesses, governments and other stakeholders with knowledge and tools to transform the way products are designed and made.
The Services & Engagement Manager will play a leading part in driving the systems change required to accelerate the circular transition in the packaging and fashion industries. This role will work closely with leading companies and sector stakeholders to increase awareness of the Cradle to Cradle principles, demand for the Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard, as well as adoption and recognition of the Cradle to Cradle certification.
The Institute is seeking a highly motivated, resourceful professional with market transformation and relevant industry experience to lead efforts to increase sustainability and circularity in packaging as well as apparel products globally. The ideal candidate will bring a strong knowledge of relevant sectors and supply chains, a proven record of effective relationship management and a genuine passion for advancing the Cradle to Cradle principles.
- Develop and implement an effective market development strategy for the sectors of packaging/printing/paper and apparel/textiles/fashion
- Serve as relationship manager for the Cradle to Cradle certification holder community across these sectors and act as primary liaison for strategic, technical and marketing/communication matters.
- Drive market adoption of Cradle to Cradle Certified to meet or exceed annual sector growth targets.
- Define market needs and priorities, and assist with the development of tools and resources that facilitate use and increase value of the Cradle to Cradle Certified
- Lead alignment and recognition efforts with relevant sector partners, industry programs or governmental initiatives.
- Identify, develop and foster strategic partnerships and engagement formats for key stakeholders along the respective value chains, including brands, retailers, manufacturers and raw material suppliers.
- Organize and conduct market development workshops, roundtables and educational programming for industry and policy stakeholders.
- Represent the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute at key sector meetings and conferences.
- Contribute to securing sponsorships and/or grants necessary to deliver sector-specific resources, tools, or events.
- Prepare market briefs, reports, and other sectorial background materials to meet internal and external research and reporting requirements.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field of study
- 7+ years related work experience, preferably with consulting background
- Strong knowledge/expertise across the packaging and/or apparel sector, with proven supply chain work and established sector relationships
- Demonstrable knowledge of key sustainability and circularity topics and challenges within product design and manufacturing
- Technical understanding and practical experience with Cradle to Cradle principles preferred
- Proven ability to influence and partner with industry leaders and government representatives
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, with fluency in at least one additional language required
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality and original work within set timeline
- Self-starter, able to initiate projects and work independently
- Proven teamwork skills, both as a leader and cross-functional team member
WHY WORK WITH US
- Be part of a renowned organization at the leading edge of standard-setting and innovation for the circular economy.
- Thrive in an organizational culture that values collaboration, diversity & inclusion, excellence, integrity and innovation.
- Take part in impactful work designed to connect the dots between the vision of a global prosperous circular economy and practical, real-world application.
- Engage with global leaders to address systemic challenges to responsible production and consumption at the product, business and industry level.
- Interact with leading businesses, governments, industry associations, NGOs and academia within the sustainability and circularity movement.
- Work with talented, highly motivated, mission-driven colleagues in an international setting.
- Be challenged to think beyond traditional approaches and apply holistic pathways to sustainability and industry transformation.
- Shape a positive future for product design and manufacturing, and make a positive impact for society at large.
To apply for this role, please submit a current resume and a short cover letter in English to email@example.com.
The Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute is an equal opportunity employer.