Senior Manager, Climate Action – Corporate Responsibility
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) team’s mission is to support PVH’s brands, regions and functions, to drive Fashion Forward, for Good. We aim to embed sustainable business into PVH’s DNA – including strategy and visioning, culture, and business operations.
The Senior Manager of Climate Action will lead strategy development and execution of initiatives to meet PVH’s environmental / climate targets, focusing on greenhouse gas emissions reduction. To drive sustainable progress against PVH’s Forward Fashion targets, science-based emissions reduction targets, and PVH+ Plan priorities, the Senior Manager will manage integration of climate action driven principles/practices into internal policies, procedures, and associate trainings.
The Senior Manager will exhibit excellent communication and program management skills, analytic capabilities, and effective problem-solving. The success of this role will require the Senior Manager to foster partnerships with and mobilize key internal partners (Global Sustainability Teams, Brand Teams, Finance, Facility Managers, Real Estate, Construction, Procurement, Legal, Accounting) and key Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Drive progress against PVH’s Eliminate Greenhouse Gas Emissions target and PVH+ Plan Climate Action Priorities
- Mobilize and govern cross-functional working group to action PVH’s Global Climate Action priorities and achieve emissions reductions
- Develop internal trainings to educate associates on PVH’s Climate Action ambitions and the required actions to drive change
- Maintain greenhouse gas emissions reduction target alignment with current science
- Oversee the development of PVH’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Footprint, including calculations of Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions in accordance with established protocols such as the Greenhouse Gas Protocol
- Review, analyze and provide strategic recommendations related to improving global owned and operated facility environmental performance – with a view to develop, drive and implement scalable and efficient initiatives
- Manage climate-related reporting to fulfill external commitments and regulatory requirements
- Work cross-functionally to ensure PVH’s sustainability reporting is audit-ready by implementing processes and controls to maintain accurate and complete data and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with established assurance protocols
- Provide content for internal and external reporting initiatives such as the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), PVH’s 10-K, Annual Report, and Corporate Responsibility Report, ensuring that our sustainability efforts are accurately and effectively communicated to public-facing stakeholders
- Identify required changes to PVH’s climate-related disclosure strategy as regulatory requirements (SEC, EU CSRD) and new frameworks/standards evolve
- Strategically Partner with Real Estate, Landlords and co-tenants integrate PVH’s Climate Action Priorities into leasing and operational practices
- Embed PVH’s Scope 1&2 Emission Reduction and 100% Renewable Energy Initiatives into future new leases and renewals, strategizing with Landlords and co-tenants on renewable energy options and energy efficiency measures
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Global CR Team, PVH Global Store Design, Corporate and Brand Sustainable Business teams, PVH Global Facilities Managers, Global Finance partners, Procurement, Real Estate, among others
External: Key global multi-stakeholder Initiatives and partner organizations
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: At least 5 years relevant experience, ideally with a focus on retail operations, strategy development, and sustainability
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with team leadership, external business partners, industry peers and overseas teams
- Business acumen to partner with all brands, commercial regions, and corporate functions
- Experience with key reporting frameworks (GRI, TCFD), leading ESG rating platforms (CDP), and retailer reporting programs
- Demonstrated ability driving sustainability initiatives focused on owned and operated facilities
- Experience managing and providing internal and external trainings
- Strong problem solving abilities with a solutions oriented mindset
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically to deliver results
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to explain complex data and content in a clear and impactful way with target audiences in mind
- Proficient in using MS Excel to combine and analyze data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics
- Advanced proficiency with PowerPoint
- Proven ability to build a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of the apparel industry, consumer goods industry, product development or supply chain preferred
Pay Range: $125,000 – $130,000
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary (“PVH”) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH.