Senior Sustainability Manager
Recover™ is a leading material science company and global producer of low-impact, high-quality recycled cotton fiber and fiber blends. We are looking for a sr. sustainability manager to strengthen our team.
- Work location is to be discussed (hybrid/remote). A base in Madrid, Valencia or Amsterdam is preferred.
- Start date: As soon as possible
Senior Sustainability Manager
You will be part of the Recover™ Sustainability team, closely connected with Production, QC, HR, Business Development teams and Marketing, helping to make our vision ‘circular fashion for all’ a reality and to further strengthen Recover™ positioning as a leader in sustainability.
In your role, you will be the main point of contact and responsible for the global Recover organisation with respect to standards & certifications, environmental/social performance data (LCA, Higg Index), and sustainability reporting. Two very important themes that cut across the different areas of responsibility for this role are traceability & transparency. You will be part of the corporate team (headquartered in Banyeres de Mariola, Spain) and work closely with local teams at Recover global production hubs to implement standards, address any non-compliance issues and create roadmaps for improvement.
Implementation and Management of Recover standards & certifications
· For all Recover production hubs (Spain, Bangladesh, Pakistan and more to be added worldwide).
· Recover product standards / certifications include GRS, Oekotex, OCS.
· Recover facility standards / certifications include Higg FEM, Higg FSLM, UN Global compact.
· For Recover supply chain: suppliers, system partners, production partners.
Global management of environmental and social performance data and reporting.
· Environmental performance is measured with LCA methodology using dedicated software. Your task will be to implement the software with local teams at every new production location.
· Build data-driven improvement roadmaps for Recover global and for each individual production hub.
· Coordinate creation of annual Recover Sustainability report (GRI standard)
In addition, your role is to contribute to other key functions of the Sustainability department.
· Contribute to the implementation, monitoring and improvement of Recover’s sustainability roadmap over time.
· Cultivate relationships with relevant stakeholders & partners (NGOs, industry groups, experts).
· Project management of sustainability projects & implementation of Recover sustainability initiatives.
· Support development of educational materials (sustainability) for employees, customers and partners.
· Support Recover sales teams.
· Sustainability content creation – liaise with Marketing team to create content about Recover sustainability / circularity (product, production and projects) for the website, newsletter, social channels, sales tools, and press releases.
· Represent Recover as an ambassador at trade fairs and other events.
What we are looking for:
Sustainability mindset & experience
· You are value-driven and sustainability is very close to your heart.
· You have an understanding of the key problems that need to be addressed in the fashion supply chains and a strong drive to contribute to improvements and solutions.
· You have an understanding of relevant environmental metrics (LCA, Higg MSI) and standards.
Project management skills
· You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English).
· You are highly organised and detail oriented.
· You can set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
Positive, proactive, collaborative work mentality
· You are proactive and don’t wait until someone tells you what to do.
· Hands-on mentality: You not only suggest changes, but also help implement them.
· You are a positive person and don’t give up easily, you can be very persistent.
· You are flexible and flourish in a fast paced and dynamic working environment.
· You have the ability to work both in a team and independently.
· You have work experience preferably gained in an international environment.
· You are comfortable working with different nationalities and cultures.
You must have:
· BA/BSc in the field of sustainability / circular economy (or completion of relevant projects, work experience in this area).
· Minimum 5 years of work experience and at least 2 years of experience in a similar/relevant role with a proven track record in supply chain sustainability / compliance.
· Experience with managing teams
· Experience with sustainability in the context of textiles / fashion supply chains.
· Recover™ is a global cotton recycling company and a leading sustainable brand in the textiles/apparel industry.
· Recover™ is the lowest impact recycled cotton in the global market
· Recover’s mission is to be an agent of positive change for the apparel industry and accelerate the transition towards circularity.
· The organisation is set to grow fast with global capacity expanding rapidly from 2021 onwards into several geographical markets (Bangladesh, Pakistan, Vietnam, Central America). The aim is to grow the presence, recognition and impact of the Recover™ brand at a similar pace B2B and B2C.
· Our goal is to make Recover™ a leading ingredient brand in sustainable textiles/apparel, recognised as such by the consumer and the industry.
|Hélène Smits Chief Sustainability Officer C +31 6 2501 7224 P +34 966 568 044 www.recoverfiber.com @recoverfiber|
CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE: this email and any attachment are confidential and are intended only for the authorized recipients of the sender. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment(s) must not be published, copied, disclosed or transmitted in any form to any person or entity unless expressly authorized by the sender. If you have received this e-mail in error you are requested to delete it immediately and advise the sender by return email. We appreciate your collaboration. If you’re not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, we inform you that its reception doesn’t authorize its disclosure or reproduction by any means, must destroy it immediately, begging you notify this end to the sender. We appreciate your collaboration.