Sustainability Manager – Raw Materials
Job ID33499. Closing Date 26/08/2022 17:30. Contract Full time
Hours 40 Contract Type Permanent Salary and Benefits Competitive
From Merchandising and Marketing – Product Development and Design, through to Supply Chain and Space Planning – our mission is to bring stylish wardrobe, home, and beauty essentials to our customers via an easy, inspiring shopping experience online and in-store that will delight them every time.
As we accelerate the transformation of our business to suit the changing needs of our customers, we need results-orientated colleagues that not only have a passion for our product, but a strong team working ethos, creativity, and a healthy commercial aim to join us on our journey.
To provide technical support to deliver sustainability compliance, innovation and ethics that differentiate M&S from the High Street Key accountabilities and measures
- Work alongside the Senior Sustainability Manager to support the delivery of the Clothing and Home Plan A Sustainability strategy on Raw Materials and Net Zero targets across the business.
- Support the C&H Senior Sustainability Manager to maintain partnerships with sustainability working groups, representing M&S externally (Textile Exchange, Textile 2030, LWG, SFA, etc.)
- Coordinate reporting, data analysis, and validation on priority raw materials to effectively measure progress against Clothing and Home’s targets and share the results with the business and third-party verifiers.
- Drive continuous improvement in data collection processes and engagement with the different offices and suppliers.
- Support the development of the Clothing & Home Plan A policies and strategies, including creating, publishing, and updating, ensuring they are clearly briefed to all relevant colleagues and suppliers.
- Deliver training initiatives both internally and for suppliers, by working closely with internal and external partners.
- Keep informed of key sustainability trends in product and raw materials, horizon scanning for the latest industry sustainability, innovations, and circular economy developments
- Engage with the M&S.com, Marketing, and PR teams to support the improvement of the sustainable shopping journey for our customers
- Develop strong knowledge of business tools – such as PLM and Power BI.
You will have experience working in sustainability with good knowledge of supply chains, products, and raw materials. With a good awareness of industry initiatives and multi-stakeholders groups specific to retail, raw materials, and supply chain sustainability. With the ability to manage business-wide data and leverage M&S systems to deliver strategic reporting, using IT tools such as Microsoft Excel and PowerBi.
- Highly analytical, able to interpret data from various sources and formats, drive insights, and present results to support strategic thinking.
- Can do attitude and ability to learn new technical skills, absorb information, and manage own personal development
Interested? Apply Here! Key Benefits:
- Flexible working approach, with a balance of being in the office and working from home
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 20 days holiday + 1 celebration day
- 20% discount on M&S products
- A range of well-being support (including a virtual GP)
- 25% off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes, and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That is why we are revolutionizing how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There has never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer strives to be an inclusive organization, trusted, and loved by our colleagues, customers, and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk about flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
#LI-AC1 #Hybrid #Sustainability