Sustainable Material and Circularity Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental related subjects
- 5 years experience
- Occasional travel to offshore and China regions
The Material and Circularity Analyst supports the implementation of the company’s product content claim certifications and circular materials strategy.
Reporting to the Environmental Sustainability Director, the successful candidate will support the company in meeting customer requirements for product material content claims, analyzing the company’s material purchases, maintaining and updating the company’s sustainable fiber framework, supporting material traceability, assessing supply chain environmental impacts, and help drive the business towards a future circular economy.
The successful candidate will be able to participate in multi-stakeholder initiatives related to material sustainability and circularity worldwide.
- Maintain the company’s content claim certifications (i.e. TE Standards, GOTS, RegenAgri)
- Ensure company content claim certification SOP is up-to-date with the latest standards, and assess factories for compliance with each standard
- Provide training and support to factories in standard implementation, including document templates for implementation
- Maintain mass balance/volume reconciliation records for the company and for each factory, and identify solutions to optimize the volume reconciliation process
- Ensure BU roles and responsibilities are clear and relevant teams can effectively talk about certifications and requirements to customers and understand customer’s requirements
- Support factories in applying for Transaction Certificates and standard logo use
- Manage company’s Better Cotton Platform account and BCCU inventory and transfers
- Analyze the company’s material purchases, benchmark uptake of sustainable fibers, and identify opportunities for switching to more sustainable fibers
- Manage the company’s sustainable fiber framework, provide training on sustainable fibers, identify new sustainable fibers and help to make connections
- Responding to TE Corporate Fiber Benchmark Report and other external reporting platforms as necessary
- Support calculating the scope 3 GHG emissions from materials
- Assess our supply chain environmental impacts, help close the data gap in the use of primary data and secondary data and identify impact reduction opportunities.
- Build traceability methods and tools for sustainable materials
- Help execute TAL’s Dream Circular Roadmap from enhanced material recyclability, forging network partnerships, building IT Tools, and conceptualizing cradle-to-cradle products and inspiring the business to bring them to life.
- Strong passion for environmental sustainability and desire for solving sustainability challenges in a business context.
- Minimum of five years environmental sustainability experience, with background in material sustainability, analysis, and product content claim certifications.
- Required tertiary education with a strong preference for tertiary education related to environmental sustainability (i.e. environmental science, environmental policy, environmental management, sustainable business, etc.)
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability
- High commitment to quality and detail-oriented
- Ability to work on multiple different topics in a fast-paced environment
- Process and system-oriented
- Excellent communicator, interpersonal skills, and team player
- Strong service orientation, result-driven, independent worker, and proactive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Proficiency in English language
- Possible Travel required 15 -20% of time (Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Vietnam & Ethiopia)
Years of Experience
Full Time, Permanent
Sciences, Lab, R&D, Environmental Science / Waste Management, Manufacturing, Garment / Textile, Quality Assurance, Control & Testing / ISO
For 70 years, TAL Apparel manufactures shirts, blouses, polos, outerwear, and suits for many of the most famous apparel brands. As a multi-national leader headquartered in Hong Kong, we have 6 factories in 4 countries, employing a diverse team of more than 13,000.
Known as the INNOFACTURER®, we pioneer new technologies in garment innovation that boast style, comfort, and functionality, as well as big data-driven supply chain solutions which have delivered proven profit benefit to our customers. Last but not least, we not only comply with sustainability, we believe in it.
For more information, we invite you to visit:
Official Website: http://www.talapparel.com/
LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/tal-apparel-limited
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TALApparel/
Additional Company Information
Benefits & Others
Dental insurance, Double pay, Education allowance, Life insurance, Medical insurance, Work from home, Five-day work week, Flexible working hours