The Climate Collaborative is a nonprofit working within the natural products industry to catalyze bold action, amplify the voice of business and promote sound policy to reverse climate change. Over the past four years, our network has grown to more than 700 companies working across nine key action areas to advance deep industry collaboration and action on climate change.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, positive leader to run the organization, who has a strong background in corporate climate issues and initiatives. The Executive Director will work remotely so can live anywhere, ideally in the U.S. or Canada, and will be responsible for oversight, management and execution of the Collaborative, including programming, communications, outreach and fundraising. The successful candidate must be able to work alongside a small team that serves a large network of companies and partners.
The ideal candidate is deeply knowledgeable and committed to climate issues as they relate to the business community, has proven fundraising skills, and demonstrated success leading fast-moving campaigns and engagement initiatives. The Executive Director must excel in project and relationship management.
The Climate Collaborative Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of the organization, including but not limited to programming, finances, board relations, communications, human resources, and organizational development.
Key accountabilities include:
- Develop and oversee Climate Collaborative programming to accelerate uptake of collaborative climate action across food and agricultural supply chains in the nine key strategic action areas
- Plan and execute events, working groups, and key stakeholders/influencers to support engagements and implementation of outreach and programming that includes facilitation and evaluation
- Manage and grow relationships at the C-suite and sustainability manager level with hundreds of natural products companies of all sizes and at every stage of their sustainability journey
- Build relationships with funders, grantors and companies
- Manage the CC budget and lead fundraising initiatives
- Manage partnerships with organizations in the climate and natural products space and represent the organization publicly
- Facilitate the strategic planning process and development of programs, outreach, organizational and financial plans with the Board, and carrying out plans and policies authorized by the Board of Directors
- Lead a resource efficient staff team
Candidate Experience and Qualifications
- Deep knowledge and understanding of climate issues, and ideally strong connections across the climate and business landscape
- Director-level experience within an NGO or sustainability role in business
- Experience working on fast-moving campaigns or engagement initiatives
- Demonstrated success in execution of high-quality business stakeholder engagement
- Proven success fundraising
- Demonstrated track record balancing high-level strategic work and hands-on project work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way across multiple audiences
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors
- Food and agriculture specific expertise is a plus, as is experience working with small- and medium-sized businesses