TMC is an SME operating as a non-profit within the clothing industry. Our vision is to work towards zero impact from fibre fragmentation from textiles to the natural environment. TMC is the only company 100% focused to managing fibre fragmentation and release from textiles to the environment and are the go-to organization on this topic internationally.
Our commitment, The Microfibre 2030 Commitment, is a collaboration with the textiles sector through a cross-industry agreement. The agreement outlines key targets and the desired outputs of those targets through the Roadmap agenda and ensures a space and place for Signatories across the textiles industry to take meaningful, coordinated action.
Working at TMC
At TMC, we feel that it’s important to be curious and adventurous, always seeking out new approaches and learning from our mistakes as this will help us to achieve our vision.
Without the ability to identify, prioritise, and focus on activities that are important or urgent we won’t be able to make the impact that we want so we value these skills highly.
We understand that we can’t achieve our vision alone, so we engage with our partners (both internally and externally) in a collaborative and personable way to build sustainable working partnerships.
We work within an ever-changing environment, so our People Commitment ensures that our team have regular feedback and career development sessions to make sure that they are doing okay and have all of the resources that they need in order to reach our combined vision.
The role of Sector Integration Director partners with the Executive Director and Finance Director to support all functions in the company.
We are looking for someone who can commit to a minimum of 22.5 hours per week. The location will be home based, within the EU / UK region.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Strategy and Vision
• Guide TMC in organisational development and building capability to host and support the Microfibre Roadmap to 2030
• Develop strategic partnerships across the sector
• Work closely with the Roadmap Committees on Roadmap leadership
• Support the TMC board with effective governance routines
• Support TMC in delivery of the Roadmap through clear direction and communication
• Identify and secure programme funding, building long term funding relationships
• Partner with the Finance Director to support strong fiscal management of TMC
• Champion sector engagement and integration
• Lead the communication strategy and reporting cycle
• Planning of TMC activities in line with the Roadmap delivery cadence
• Identifying, recruiting and deploying TMC and/or external resource
Business Processes & HR
• Review and development of internal systems, processes and HR routines
• People management and leadership responsibilities for a small but growing team
To be successful in this role you will need the following experience:
• Textile sector experience and contextual understanding of the Microfibre challenge.
• Familiarity with the textile value chain and prominent environmental initiatives and forums (for example ZDHC, Textile Exchange, relevant cross industry agreements).
• Experience in the delivery of complex multi stakeholder agreements.
• Proven success in fund raising, knowledge of funding routes and financial management strategies for non-profit organizations.
• Team leadership and people development experience.
• Strong networking and communication skills, with evidence of convening and engaging diverse stakeholders from citizens to policy makers.
Our values (and the skills that underpin them) guide how we approach situations and interact with others.
Sustainable: We get work satisfaction from ensuring minimum impact to people and planet through our delivery.
Adventure: We are curious and adventurous, always seeking out new approaches and learning from our mistakes.
Focus: We can identify, prioritise, and focus on activities that are important or urgent.
Collaborate: We engage with our stakeholders (both internally and externally) in a
collaborative and personable way to build sustainable working partnerships.
How to apply
Please apply here
We operate a rolling recruitment process which means that we will close the role once it is filled so we would advise you to complete an application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
We are able to offer a range of working arrangements for this role so please specify what you are looking for within your application. You will be required to work from our Bristol office when necessary.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or you would like to speak to a member of the team before applying, then just drop us an email at XX.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE – we prefer to fill our roles without the help of recruitment agencies, thank you for respecting this.
TMC is committed to equality of opportunity for prospective staff and supports a culture where our workforce is representative of diverse communities and where differences are recognised, accepted and valued. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, pregnancy or maternity leave.