who we are
Welcome to PANGAIA, a materials science company on a mission to save our environment. We are a global collective of one heart and many hands — scientists, technologists, designers — creating essential products from innovative tech and bio-engineered materials.
We design products for living in, for any situation and for basic needs. We create our products with smart technology and use as many sustainable & recyclable elements as possible.
We are starting a movement. Designing a better future.
about this role
We are excited to be recruiting a full-time Environmental Manager as part of our growing Impact team at PANGAIA. Together with your team, you will help our business monitor and reduce the environmental footprint of our operations across carbon, energy, water, waste, plastic and pollution. You will work on a range of projects that include implementing environmental management systems, greenhouse gas inventories, decarbonization strategy, water and energy management, and more.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
a day in the life
- Design and drive PANGAIA’s Earth Positive strategy throughout our business operations
- Set company wide reduction targets, align to standards such as SBTIs and monitor progress
- Manage and expand PANGAIA’s environmental management systems to map and monitor key environmental indicators e.g. waste, water, ghg emissions
- Work closely with the wider business to provide subject matter expertise and guidance on climate mitigation and other solutions that reduce our environmental footprint
- Set relevant certifications & standards for PANGAIA own & partner operational activities
- Present findings and areas for improvement, policies and recommendations for follow up action
- Monitor changes in regulation and make appropriate recommendations
- Manage team of Analysts
- Degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability or related fields
- 5+ years’ experience within related field
- Technical understanding of key environmental metrics & mitigation strategies
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills, with a particular interest in designing sustainable solutions for business
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- A mindset of getting something fixed if it needs fixing
- Data fluency and advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. Pangaia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that pangaia equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.