Welcome to textile exchange's job zone
Executive Director @ Fashion Positive
Fashion Positive leads the vision, definition and use of safe and circular materials for the fashion and textile industry. It is a membership based non-profit organization under the fiscal sponsorship of Textile Exchange, which is a 501c(3) non-profit organization registered in Texas, USA.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Fashion Positive. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, program and strategic plan of the organization. Other key functions include fundraising, marketing, industry networking, mobilizing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Fashion Positive Advisory Council.
Fashion Positive is a virtual organization with no central headquarters office. Therefore, this role can be performed remotely. This is a part time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Mission and Strategy: Works with team and Advisory Council to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through activities, strategic planning and alignment with other industry organizations.
- Responsible for implementation and execution of Fashion Positive’s mission
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Fashion Positive can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Fashion Positive’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other industry organizations
- Responsible for orchestration, design and execution of workshops to implement mission and educate the broader industry towards the goal of alignment with the mission.
- Develop and follow governance for decision making with team and Advisory Council
Organization Operations and Membership Management. Oversee and implement suitable resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of Fashion Positive operations.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, management and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the organization.
- Responsible for onboarding new members, managing new members and member retention.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Fashion Positive, to include submission to the Advisory Council of a proposed annual budget.
- Work with Textile Exchange Accounts team to attain, review and approve monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Fashion Positive’s mission.
Advisory Council Governance:
- Works with the Fashion Positive Advisory Council in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Fashion Positive in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Advisory Council.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Advisory Council and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Advisory Council to function properly and to make informed decisions, including regular financial and status reports.
- A bachelor’s degree in Design, Sustainability, or Textiles
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development, project management and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Fashion Positive’s strategic future to team, Advisory Council, membership, volunteers and donors
- Experience of fundraising strategies, grant writing and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Advisory Council members and other volunteers
- Strong presentation development, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer, member and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to lead, oversee and collaborate with teams
- Strong public speaking ability and presentation skills
- Creation, planning and management of annual operations budget.
- Maintain a climate that attracts and retains a talented and diverse staff
- Create and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations to facilitate success of organization’s financial future
- Serving as Fashion Positive’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, industry stakeholders, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the extended global textile, waste stream, and other relevant industries. Utilize those relationships to strategically enhance and promote Fashion Positive’s mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Advisory Council to develop policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the program throughout the industry.
- Prepare agendas, reports, and materials for effective leadership of Advisory Council meetings.
- Supervise, develop and collaborate with the Fashion Positive team.
- Strategic planning and implementation of resources towards the Fashion Positive mission.
- Develop and oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Write, review and/or approve contracts for services as appropriate.
- As this is a virtual position, the position requires a home office high-speed internet, computer, and other equipment and materials appropriate for performing the role.
- Other duties as delegated by the Advisory Council.
If this position is of interest, please send your credentials and contact information to Sevilla@textileexchange.org