2022 Ryan Young Climate+ Awards
The second annual Ryan Young Climate+ Awards will take place this November 2022 at our annual conference. Nominations are now open until September 16, 2022. Revisit our inaugural 2021 winners here.
The late Ryan Young, Textile Exchange COO from 2017-2020, is the inspiration behind Textile Exchange’s Climate+ Strategy, which is for the organization to serve as “a driving force for urgent climate action,” with a goal of 45% reduced CO2 emissions from textile fiber and material production by 2030. Ryan’s bold and courageous spirit defined what Textile Exchange and its members must do to tackle the climate crisis.
In honor of Ryan and his vision, we will again be awarding Ryan Young Climate+ Awards to outstanding individuals and teams who show a clear commitment to the Climate+ vision along with other leadership traits. Winners will be announced at our 2022 Textile Exchange Conference which will take place virtually and in person in Colorado Springs, U.S. from November 14-18, 2022.
Please see the 2022 award categories, criteria, and submission form below. Nominations are now being accepted until September 16, 2022. Nominees may be brands, retailers, farmers and/or ranchers, and raw material suppliers.
Winners will receive one free full-access pass to attend the Conference (travel not included). Learn more about Textile Exchange’s Climate+ Strategy here.
Three Ryan Young Climate+ Award Categories:
- Overall leadership – individual
- Overall leadership – team
- Rising star – individual with less than 5 years of industry experience
Award recipients will meet the following criteria:
- Commitment to Climate+ – involved in accelerating Climate+ action in the apparel, textile, and footwear industry.
- Collaboration – reflective of Ryan’s vision and determination to collaboratively move the industry forward.
- Impact – driving innovative, scalable, transparent programs with measurable impact reduction and/or beneficial impacts on climate, water, soil health, and/or biodiversity at the raw materials level. Achievements/solutions are backed by trusted data and/or reporting.
- Leadership and Inspiration – clearly demonstrating leadership and vision for industry climate solutions over the past year and beyond
Non-members can submit nominations, but only Textile Exchange member companies are eligible to receive the awards.
Ryan Young Awards 2022
Self-nominations and nominations of teams are welcome (nominations may not be made anonymously). If the nomination is for a group (department, team, organization, etc.), please note the name of the representative who would receive the award on the group’s behalf at the conference.
The nominations deadline is Wednesday, September 16, 2022.
Questions? Please contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org.