Be part of the Textile Exchange Governance Board
Applications are now open for the 2023 governance board
Contribute to the community by serving on the Textile Exchange governance board
Join us by volunteering to serve on the governance board, an excellent opportunity to contribute to the wider community and help Textile Exchange continue to grow and develop.
The governance board is looking for individuals with the experience and skills to represent our community and meet the needs and demands of Textile Exchange in the future. Building a strong ecosystem within this part of our community is key to long-term organizational stability and our continued ability to drive impactful and transformative change.
We remain committed to ensuring we have a good balance of skills, representation, and geographies within the governance board. We are committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Requirements for Consideration:
We are looking for governance board nominations from individuals with one or more of the following skills:
- Finance and Accounting
Individuals with governance and board experience are preferred. We are particularly keen to have applications from strategic individuals, with a demonstrated track record at a senior level who can help us frame sector-wide issues, shape the agenda and ensure we stay focused on leading and meaningfully contributing to the textile sector.
Board Members’ Responsibilities and Job Description:
The overriding duty of board members is to advance the mission, vision, and purpose of Textile Exchange as well as:
- Ensure we are operating for public benefit.
- Comply with relevant law and governing documents: the articles of incorporation and bylaws.
- Act in the best interest of Textile Exchange, with reasonable care and skill.
- Manage Textile Exchange’s assets responsibly.
- Ensure Textile Exchange is accountable.
If successful in your application, we would expect you to:
- Regularly attend board meetings and important related meetings.
- Make a serious commitment to actively participate in discussions and act in the best interest of the organization.
- Have the time to volunteer for and willingly accept assignments. Complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Stay informed about Textile Exchange matters, prepare well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Get to know other board participants and build a working relationship that contributes to action and consensus.
- Be an active participant in the organization’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participate in fundraising for the organization.
Meetings generally happen virtually with at least one in-person meeting held around our annual conference.
Nominations to serve on the governance board:
Expressions of interest must be submitted by August 26, 2022, with the election to be held in September 2022.
Three seats are open for election for the three-year term, 2023 to 2026. The current governance board votes to elect new members to the governance board.
Newly elected board members are requested to attend the in-person meeting held in conjunction with the annual conference in Colorado Springs during mid-November, as a part of their orientation. Further induction meetings will be held to help onboard successful applicants onto the governance board.
How to Apply:
Please send us a letter of interest, along with your resume or CV, and a brief biography.
In your letter, please answer the (1) “Discussion Questions” and address how you meet the (2) “Requirements for Consideration” below.
Be sure to mention any additional information that you believe qualifies you as a potential Textile Exchange board member. The deadline for applications is August 26, 2022. Please email your paperwork to Terry Hyde at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can an organization like Textile Exchange serve, promote, and protect the organic fiber and preferred textile industries?
- What experience and training do you have at a board level that will help you be an effective governance board member?
- How might you help the organization accomplish its mission to inspire and equip people to accelerate sustainable practices in the textile value chain?
- Please let us know how you will balance your time and resources to commit to being an active member of the governance board.