Textile Exchange releases its largest Preferred Fibers & Materials (PFM) Market Report ever—with 95 companies reporting. That represents a 14% increase in participating companies over 2016’s report, and a 76% increase over 2015’s.
Key findings in the report include that among the reporting companies:
• Organic and other preferred cottons represent 47% of total cotton usage.
• Recycled polyester usage grew by 58%.
• Lyocell usage grew by 128%.
• Preferred down (the majority of which is certified to TE’s Responsible Down Standard) grew by 54%.
• More companies are managing a portfolio mix of fibers rather than focusing on an individual one.
• Companies are beginning to mobilize and gear up for circularity.
Textile Exchange has expanded its Preferred Fiber & Materials market reporting categories to reflect the growth and expansion of company portfolios. PFM Leaderboards now cover all of the major preferred cottons, recycled polyester, preferred man made cellulosic and preferred down.